Racial Tension in Tennessee? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Racial Tension in Tennessee?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:51 pm

no wonder Eli throws bombs to Jamaar Taylor all the time... :-?

weird. another one is jack del rio never giving Taylor runs on the goal line. :-t
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:28 am

Ironhorse75 wrote:Hey, you forgot that Eli and Warner's favorite receiver is Shockey! Something is definitely going on.

Eli...
throwing the ball?
who would have thought?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby awwchrist » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:39 am

FFPlayinMoFo wrote:And if Heap had been healthy all seaon, guess who that Nazi Kyle Boller's favorite target would have been

hehehe
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:41 am

chchelse wrote:To tell you the truth I was wondering something quite similar to what Ek is suggesting. I base this simply on the reaction of Mason after finally catching a TD pass on Monday evening. He looked real angry. It might not be racism but I was thinking maybe he's getting tired of Bennet getting all the glory?

I didn't watch the game, but if Mason really was upset because of Bennett's ouput that night, screw him. It's not like he doesn't have 80 rec for a shade under 1000 and 6 TDs.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:56 am

Let's hope Timmy Chang from Hawaii U. doesn't make the NFL. He'll be throwing to Dat Ngyuen and Kailee Wong all day!!!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:42 am

chchelse wrote:To tell you the truth I was wondering something quite similar to what Ek is suggesting. I base this simply on the reaction of Mason after finally catching a TD pass on Monday evening. He looked real angry. It might not be racism but I was thinking maybe he's getting tired of Bennet getting all the glory?

Mason got hurt early and was very limited. To suggest Volek is racist is ignorant.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:56 am

portisfan24 wrote:

Mason got hurt early and was very limited. To suggest Volek is racist is ignorant.

Bingo. mason was out the entire half. bennett had 10 catches for 175 and two scores at half.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:23 am

For some odd-devious reason...i think this topic is hysterical...each post i read kept me laughing and laughin....good stuff...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chchelse » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:45 am

portisfan24 wrote:

I wasn't suggesting racism, although not knowing all the facts about the situation (one of the definitions of ignorant) it would be premature to conclude that Voleks penchant for throwing to Bennett does not have racist undercurrents. What I really suggested in the last part of my post was that perhaps Mason was getting tired of Bennett getting all the attention. Most of these athletes are prima donna's and playing a secondary role doesn't sit well with them. Now Mason never struck me as this type of player, but I was wondering if he may have developed this sort of attitude.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:50 am

Maybe he was getting tired of losing, seeing as they lost again on MNF.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk