Comments on these RBs that won't be kept - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Comments on these RBs that won't be kept

Moderator: Football Moderators

Comments on these RBs that won't be kept

Postby Andyd » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:17 pm

I am in a 12-team keeper league, and I am wondering who I might draft with my first pick (#5). My guess is at #5 one of these guys will be gone (probably Edge), so I will be choosing between my #2-4. Do I take Tiki over Taylor or Dillon?

Standard scoring (6/TD, 1/10 R&R, no points for receptions).

I also have the #10 overall pick and may be able to pick up another one of these guys. Maybe Davis, Garner, or George is my guess. Is Davis worth it if I can get him with #10 (2.04)??

Suspected keepers are: Holmes, Faulk, Williams, LT, ALexander, AGreen, Portis, McCallister, Henry, JLewis, WGreen, Hambrick, Canidate. The last few because they are not expensive to keep.

The available RBs should be (in my order of preference with some comments).

Edge- I think a cut above the others

Tiki- Dorsey concern
Taylor- Injury concern
Dillon- should he be up here with Tiki and Freddie? Bungles concern.

Davis- should I put him up with #2-4??? Foster concern.
Garner- One of many offensive options.

George- Will he really come back this year? 3.4/carry concern.
CMart- Should he even be on here??

Oh yeah, throw in Harrison, Owens, and Moss in there too. Although I only think Moss will be left by my #5 pick, do I grab him after Edge but before my #2-4??? Let's leave QBs out of this mess.

Anyone else I am missing????
Andyd

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:50 pm

I'm the guy who left this post yesterday on Tiki. Read what I had to say:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=12491

- Taylor I say avoid because of injuries. His durability is so suspect you could really get hosed by him.

So Dillon vs. Barber:

http://www.fanball.com/fb/playerProfile.cfm/pid.1177
http://www.fanball.com/fb/playerProfile.cfm/pid.1027

Some say that Dillon is going to have a much better year because the Bengals are a better offensive team. Well, Carson Palmer won't make an impact yet, so where are the upgrades? Johnson is a good WR but Warrick is not. Dillon is a good RB surrounded by mediocrity whcih could be a good thing for his fantasy ratings or a bad thing -- the thing is, I think you can expect his consistent 1,500 combined yards + 8 TD's. The problem with Dillon on his 7 TD's last year is that he only truly scored in 5 games last year.

Barber will equal, and beat, Dillon's combined yardage this year with 1,700 - 1,800 rush/receiving and at least equal Dillon's TD production. Barber is surrounded by a better offense which is why I think you consider him over Dillon...despite whatever they are planning to do with Levens down at the goalline.

Postby SinCity » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:01 pm

I agree with the Guest. I have Barber over Dillion by one spot.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mudd » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:27 pm

I am in a 10 team keeper league, had the 6th pick, and got Edge. I don't think you are totally out of the running.

I would probably take Cory Dillon over Tiki. I don't think Tiki will have the #'s he did last year.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Andyd » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:50 pm

Yeah, I saw the Tiki discussion yesterday. I am also a Tiki fan, I have had him the last three years, but I need to be sure not to have my desire to grab Tiki for my team overshadow other things that I should be paying attention to. I like Tiki because he is a good player and he isn't a schmuck, so I don't mind rooting for him.

I suspect Edge will go because the #3 pick is an Edge fan. It looks like Tiki/Dillon is the pick, probable edge to Tiki. Now the question is do I pick Tiki over Moss/Harrison/Owens with #5?? (except Harrison and Owens will probably be gone, so it is really Tiki vs. Moss).
Andyd

Postby Wolverine » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:08 pm

Go Tiki, Moss is an inconsistent top tier receiver. Btw, I'm "Guest" from above...I just registered. Moss is a stud but he needs D'Wayne Bates to gain some secondary respect if he can ever live up to his potential. Until then, Moss should continue to draw consistent double teams from defenses. Despite that, he still finds a way to receive for 1,300 yards :D

I would take Barber and set my sights on Eric Moulds when the draft comes around to you. I think he'll find the end zone about 12 times this year to go with his 1,200-1,300 yards receiving. ;-D
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk