Sporting News' Most Overrated Players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sporting News' Most Overrated Players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Weatherman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:16 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:that list got a whooole lot of coverage here in chicago, because of the bogus vote of urlacher. look at the bears record with and without urlacher, that should end the discussion.

as for the most overrated NFL player, i think its easily Vick. but to throw a few other names out there ill say Kearse, shockey and pennington.

I don't know that I'd include Jevon Kearse on that list. He has been huge for the Eagles this season, and his speed alone forces opposing offenses into undesirable situations. Overrated maybe because of Kearse's history of injuries...but when he's healthy (as he has been all this season), he's a difference maker.
Weatherman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Commish » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:35 pm

Pretty pointless list as people have already mentioned a few of these guys weren't even discussed as being GOOD players before the season.

Secondly, how about making a list BEFORE the season?? Pretty easy to put some of those guys on there now.

Urlacher on there is a disgrace & every Bear fan knows it. Of course he's overpaid, but that doesn't mean he's overrated.

Barlow could care less about the 49ers. At this point, I think he's trying to get released (even his comments show that). I'm not ready to write off Kevan Barlow's career. 49ers are horrible all-around.

Ruben Brown is probably from his Buffalo days. He shouldn't have made the Pro Bowl the last few seasons. He's been decent for the Bears this year. Him and Alstott are on this list because they've made the Pro Bowl the last few years when they shouldn't have....whose fault is it that Alstott's been labeled a FB there???

While we're talking overrated, let's talk about the Sporting News itself. Their online product has declined year after year for the past 3-4 years. When free products on the market are updating their news before you (and more frequently), you've got some issues.
Last edited by The_Commish on Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:35 pm

That's just a team of crappy players.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk