Larry Johnson or Najah Davenport? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson or Najah Davenport?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Johnson or Najah Davenport?

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:03 pm

who do you see being the better fantasy option this year. Of course I know that they are both second stringers, but with a lot of potential if given a chance.

So which one would you rather gamble on, Larry Johnson or Najeh Davenport?
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nick_millionaire » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:12 pm

LaMont Jordan

i don't see why Larry Johnson is picked over him. but to answer the question per specs...Davenport. jsut becaue he knows the Packer system better than Johnson knows the KC system. and Vermile is an old school coach that probably wouldn't start a rookie over a guy that has been with the team longer.
Im Ready
nick_millionaire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Sandwich » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:31 pm

Davenport is the guy to go with for two reasons. One, he is not a rook. Knows the system and the NFL better. Two he is flat out a better tallent. If Johnson gets to play this year he will get flattened. I don't think either is going to see much time. In a dynasty league I still think Davenport is the better pick. In fact for dynasty purposes I would take Fargas and McGahee over Johnson. Also think about TJ Duckett and Deshawn Foster as off the bench possibilities.

Peace Out O:-)
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SinCity » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:51 pm

Right now LJ is looking like a 1st round bust. He's not doing well in camp or in a game. This might change in the comming weeks though.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:11 pm

Johnson has looked lost in the offense so far, no more huge holes he had with Joe Pa. I'd take Najeh , I've read a couple of articles where GB was thinking about a 60/40 split to keep Green and ND fresh. The thinking was to keep them both healthy for the playoffs.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk