moulds vs. price - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

moulds vs. price

Moderator: Football Moderators

moulds vs. price

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:16 pm

who do you think is primed for a bigger year?

can reed fill the no.2 spot in buffalo and take some heat off moulds?

will vick be too busy running around to see price?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:21 pm

I think Moulds will be the better fantasy option this season. He is a great receiver with a great quarterback. Sure, we could consider Vick great as well, but not so much for his arm.

I think it was a coach last year who made a very interesting comment about Price saying something like "He will find out that is major difference between playing with Eric Moulds and being Eric Moulds."

With that being said, I think that Price will face a lot more double coverage. Moulds, on the other hand, is a seasoned vet who can handle anything a defense can throw at him.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:26 pm

some factors that you might want to weigh in making your decision are.........

Price plays over half his games in a dome (all home games plus one in New Orleans). Of course there are perfect passing conditions in a dome.

Moulds plays in the city of Buffalo with the swirling winds which can could make even the Rams passing attack of a few years ago look mortal.

Opponents: ADVANTAGE: MOULDS
Price will have two games apeice against teams such as the Bucs and Panthers, two of the best defenses in the league.

While Moulds doesn't have a cake walk, his schedule is definitely easier.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:53 pm

Moulds

Friendliness: %

Postby Sponge » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:19 pm

if you look at mould's stats over the past couple years you will notice that he is an every other year type of player. this year happens to be his off year. in addition he doesn't have price to take some pressure off of himself, i don't think reed will fill price's shoes completely although he will get decent stats. I would take price over moulds, but if you can get moulds and trade him for price+someone else that would be great. vick will do much less running around and more passing this year, especially when he has a new target this year.
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 WR/TE, K, DEF
Standard 12-Man Auction League
9-3 Record

QB - C. Newton, J. Flacco
RB - R. Rice, M. Jones-Drew, M. Tolbert, C.J. Spiller, D. Karim
WR - L. Fitzgerald, W. Welker, J. Graham, L. Moore
K - S. Gostkowski
DEF - Jets, Titans
Sponge
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SinCity » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:58 pm

Moulds is a very good fantasy WR. Price still has some things to prove since he's with a new team.

I think they will both have good years, but I would rather have Moulds still.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:03 pm

Price is good, don't get me wrong, but Moulds is much better. I, along with many experts, have Moulds has the 4th WR behind the Big Three.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:34 pm

i hope they are both top 10 considering they are both on my team ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:24 am

Price was #2 when he played with Moulds and he is still #2. Next question!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby nick_millionaire » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:28 am

Every good WR sees some double coverage. That is how Price was able to roam freely down the sidelines alot of the times, Moulds drew coverage and left Peerless Price one-on-one.

I think it will take Price a year or atleast several weeks to become acquainted with his new position and team. playin with a moblie QB is much harder than a precise pocket passer. especially since Vick will be expected to repeat his performance in rushing last season. one thing is for sure; Price won't get 100 catches for 1400 yards and 15 TDs.

Moulds will still be comfortable with his role. it doesn't matter if Price is playing or Reed. it is not like Reed will be ineffective and be totally left alone. somebody will cover him and it is his job to beat the defense or find the soft spot in zone coverage. Moulds can do both already.
Im Ready
nick_millionaire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk