moulds vs. price - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

moulds vs. price

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:32 am

Moulds definitely is the better option. Price has really only had one really good year, and he did it as the # 2 WR. Now that he is a #1 he will face what Moulds has already has. Moulds is bigger and stronger, and can fight off the double teams. Price won't be able to. He's a quick, route running WR. He'll be a deep threat if he gets by the D, but I'm laying off him this year unless I can get him later than normal. I'd take Horn, Boston, Holt, several others from that group of more proven receivers. They've either been the #1 and succeeded, or have a complementary WR to take some heat off.

Moulds has had the tendency to follow a good year with a bad year, but it's not as simple as saying 'Moulds will have his bad year this year - so take Price'. Moulds is still a young, improving WR. He is not 'destined' to alternate good years and bad his entire career. That may happen again, since he does lose Price. I think that hurts Price more than Moulds. WR's switching teams can struggle the first year, and Vick only threw for 16 TD's last year. Lots of potential in Atlanta for a big year on both ends, but it's far from a given.

What concerns me more about Moulds is his lack of the 'big game' - the multi-TD game, and 100+ yards. I believe he has one mutli-TD game in his career, and it came last year. I think he'll be dependable and put up good numbers this year, but he doesn't carry your team in a week like Owens or Harrison can. Even the lower tier WR's have big games once in awhile. That trend concerns me more than his good year bad year trend.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk