Ok who lives in Cleveland?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ok who lives in Cleveland??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ok who lives in Cleveland??

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:14 am

Seriously some that lives in or near Cleveland needs to look out the window and tell these people how much snow is on the ground right now, what the temp is right now and how bad it looks to be for gametime so i dont have to hear about Brees one more time, please. Because as we all know that this is the first ever game played in the snow! Thanks.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:43 am

Question is...who's willing to admit it? :-b

Check the weather on the left of this page.
<-----
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:53 am

Yeah i can see the weather on the left side of the page Guttpuppy. I was asking for a homer to shed some light on the weather for everyone who is asking this question. This will help everyone out who isnt condient about starting any of the Chargers, or i guess someone out there somewhere may even have a Brown, although i guess that may be highly unlikely. 8-o

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:54 am

12/18/04 8:20am CST - PFS has been preaching weather conditions all week long, and have reported that the Lambeau Field conditions looked to be very cold and windy. The latest weather update seems to offer fantasy owners colder and windier weather in Cleveland this afternoon. The latest update on the weather for Cleveland is calling for Snow Shower and gusty Winds------ 20°F Feels Like 3°F---- Probability of Precipitation: 70%----- Wind: From the North Northwest at 24 mph and gusty. FYI: The winds should make Brees owners weigh their options at quarterback today

http://www.profantasysports.com/SundayNoHuddle.php
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:57 am

and thats why you should all should respect Guttpuppy the guy comes through all the time, and no i dont have Brees.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Flux » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:58 am

its nasty here in Columbus, well we got dumped on last night. And with the lake up in CLE its got to be worse. I dont know what you are looking for, but its not going to be good playing conditions
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:01 am

Maybe this can help some people out with the Brees/cleve situation. I hope this works im not all too good with Computers. Click on the pictures to see some shots of the day in cleveland.

http://www.cleveland.com/traffic/

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby snakebit » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:19 am

I don't have much choice but start Gates, Putzier is the best TE available on the WW. May change my opinion on Leftwich vs. Hass, though...
snakebit
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Weatherman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:22 am

I do not live in Cleveland, but as a meteorologist I can give you some idea of what is going on there...

Currently, the Cleveland airport is reporting 13°F with NW winds at 18mph...a wind chill factor of -4! Don't expect the temperature to rise today...in fact, it will likely drop a few degrees. And winds will remain strong...occasionally up to 30mph with below zero wind chills prevalent. Moderate snow is currently falling as well.

Cleveland is in a lake effect snow warning. The city is expected to see accumulations approaching a foot. But with lake effects, you can have some areas in the city pushing 14 to 16 inches and others in the 6 to 8 inch range. You may see periods where it is snowing like crazy for an hour or so and then get dry breaks that last at least that long. Lake effect snows fall in bands...not a solid wide swath. That said, it's a lot of snow regardless and will have some effect on the game. But even not taking the snow into account, the wind and temperatures are brutal. The football will be cold and hard. Ball carriers and receivers hands will be quite cold.

We watched the game in Denver (vs Oakland) with the snow a couple of weeks ago which turned out to quite high-scoring. However, the temperatures and winds were not a major factor. Today will be much different in Cleveland. Seems to me that this will be a low-scoring affair, pounding out yardage on the ground. It will be interesting to see how well the grounds keepers manage the field, thus affecting footing.

This will be a fun game to watch...but not necessarily fun if you have fantasy players involved (outside of maybe the Chargers D).
Weatherman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Weatherman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:27 am

Here's another little nugget of information for you:

12/18/04 10:11am CST - ESPN is reporting that you can not see the field in Cleveland this morning. The field is Winter Wonderland. It is snowing and temps are sub freezing. Expect the unexpected in a game between San Diego and Cleveland today.

Taken from: http://www.profantasysports.com/SundayNoHuddle.php
Weatherman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk