Does Randel El's big numbers = Plaxico days numbered? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does Randel El's big numbers = Plaxico days numbered?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does Randel El's big numbers = Plaxico days numbered?

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:23 am

As I was watching Randel El look pretty comfortable playing the role of the Steelers deep threat, 5 catches for 196 a TD plus a TD pass, one thought came to mind. Where will Plaxico be playing next season? I would love to see him with the Chargers. They could use a big deep threat WR. How much more room would LT have with Burress and Gates spreading the D?
With Plaxico due to be a free agent next season, where would you like to see him play?
What other big names aren't likely to resign with their old teams and where should they go?

(okay, I am out of the playoffs and have to look to next year, is that so wrong?)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:41 am

He had 149 yards and just isn't your prototypical longball reciever,much better suited for the slot...Plax stays.

Dunno where Henry's gonna go but interested nonetheless.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby zombiez » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:01 am

Guttpuppy wrote:He had 149 yards and just isn't your prototypical longball reciever,much better suited for the slot...Plax stays.

Dunno where Henry's gonna go but interested nonetheless.
........dont be so sure GP......Rooney has not been happy with him since mini camps, when he didnt show...that doesnt bode well for his return
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:37 pm

Randel-El has really only had that one good game, and the Giants pass D sucks. I would like to see Plax in KC b/c I am a Plaxico owner in a dynasty league.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:33 pm

One of my buddies is Pitt fan til he dies. He never shuts up about Dan Marino and other guys who came from the Pittsburgh area. He seems to think Pitt will let Kendrell Bell walk as a FA so they have the money to sign Plax. He's usually right about these things, so take what he says like Bill Cowher came to your house and left a note on your kitchen table while you were asleep saying these very same things.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AGENT » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:38 pm

Here is what I see happening. I can see the steelers signing Ward letting Plax walk and keeping Randel El as the #3 next year. They will either draft a WR in the draft or get one via FA. But Pittsburgh has a mastery of getting rid of players once they seem to be dinged up the previous year or at least seem to decline in value
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby roninmedia » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:19 pm

I can see him in SD. They have lots of cap space or Pitt can sign Plax to a deal and ship him off to SD for draft picks.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby winjr » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:55 pm

KingGhidra wrote:One of my buddies is Pitt fan til he dies. He never shuts up about Dan Marino and other guys who came from the Pittsburgh area. He seems to think Pitt will let Kendrell Bell walk as a FA so they have the money to sign Plax. He's usually right about these things, so take what he says like Bill Cowher came to your house and left a note on your kitchen table while you were asleep saying these very same things.

This makes a lot of sense. Bell's name shows up on the injury list waaaay to often, and he really hasn't been a force since his rookie year. The emergence of Larry Foote has made him expendable.

I'd be extremely surprised if the Steelers didn't sign Plax. The Rooney's love him -- he's in that John Stallworth mold (though not as strong). During this season, when Big Ben scrambled, Plax had a good feel for where to be to bail him out. It's no coincidence that Ben's recent dip in production is tied directly to when Plax pulled his hamstring. Believe me, the Rooneys won't be quick to severe the Ben-Plax connection.
winjr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk