Most sacked QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most sacked QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most sacked QB

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:44 pm

A lot of people talk about James being a surprise as the #1 rusher when in the shadow of Manning, but I find it even more surprising Vick is the most sacked QB considering how elusive he is.

I think a lot of it has to do with forcing himself to stay in the pocket. I've only caught a handful of games, but I've seen a LOT of times where he should of bailed and passed on the run or just straight up ran. It's nice to see him want to look for the pass, but if you're getting blitzed, he needs to get out of there.

It's kind of ironic, people are concerned about him getting injured on the run, but I think at this rate he's more susceptible in the pocket.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby gtabaplayr » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:33 pm

it probably has alot to due with the fact that he is still learning the offense and his reads arent as quick as they could be and his recievers besides crumpler aren't getting open which leads to more time hanging on to the ball and therefore more sacks
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:27 pm

Doesn't surprise me at all since I have a spreadsheet with sacks allowed and sacks per pass attempt.
}:-) :-°

Partly because the o-line sucks and partly because freelancing QBs like Vick tend to get sacked more. Randall Cunningham was probably the most sacked QB of his era.

He's more susceptible in the pocket when he does his Barry Sanders, run from sideline to sideline just to throw out of bounds and take a crushing hit. He needs to be more decisive with his reads.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk