Double Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Double Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Double Question

Postby giantstakeitall » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:39 pm

I have two questions, extremely unrelated. One is easy to answer, and the other is opinionated.

1) Fantasy Basketball: It is beneficial/possible to switch out your entire team everyday, so more people play? In my yahoo league, your stats are totaled up every week, so there are many days where your stars don't play. I'm wondering if you could switch a lesser player in, in order to get those few extra points, steals, or blocks or whatnot. Sorry about the non-football question, but I've been wondering about this, and there must be some people here who play fantasy basketball.

2) Football this time. What websites run a nice FF league? All I've done is the free yahoo league, and I'm looking for something more.
It may be grainy, or discolored even, but I like it!
giantstakeitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:35 pm

of course you can switch your team up. thats what the bench is for.
I only play yahoo but I know nfl.com runs some leagues.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:28 pm

I don't do fantasy basketball, but I guess portisfan is right on the first one. For fantasy football leagues good sites are yahoo.com, nfl.com, espn.com, myfantasyleague.com. For good FF information, good sites are nflfreaks.com, thehuddle.com, the good ol' Cafe ;-D , football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1, fftoday.com, and fftoolbox.com. Not all of those sites are free though but they are good and reliable and I recommend them. Or you can just click on LINKS on the left of your screen for a good list of FF sites.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby giantstakeitall » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:31 pm

I don't think you understood my question. Should you switch out your entire team every day, so that more people play? Therefore, you would switch out a star on a day that they dont play, and switch them in the next day.
It may be grainy, or discolored even, but I like it!
giantstakeitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BESMIRCHED » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:42 pm

giantstakeitall wrote:I don't think you understood my question. Should you switch out your entire team every day, so that more people play? Therefore, you would switch out a star on a day that they dont play, and switch them in the next day.

it depends what type of fantasy basketbal it is...if it is head-to-head then yes change your team everyday to get more points,assist,rebs but keep in mind your turnovers and fg% might go down

if you are playing rotisserie...im assuming you are playing yahoo...at the bottom right of the league page it tells you the maximum games that can be played at each position
ex:82 games at the power forward spot...you should play Kevin Garnett for all the games and not switch in someone like Chris Mihm
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:44 pm

giantstakeitall wrote:I don't think you understood my question. Should you switch out your entire team every day, so that more people play? Therefore, you would switch out a star on a day that they dont play, and switch them in the next day.

You dont mean dropping your team do you? You shouldnt do that. Here is what I mean

G Lebron James No game

Bench- Richard Hamilton @BOS

Of course you would switch in Hamilton for Lebron. Then the next day you can switch them back. Im not sure Im understanding what you are finding so difficult about this.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:50 pm

definitely do not drop players off your team entirely to pick up people off the WW. You wont be able to get the studs back as others will immediately grab them.

On the other hand, if you have a bunch of average players with equally average talent on the WW, I would go ahead and start switching people in if there is no difference. The problem here though is that once you drop them they have to clear waivers before you can pick them back up, so you may then have to go to an even LESSER talent the next to replace your original replacement (I hope that makes sense, its kind of wordy).

Example

Player A plays on Monday and Wednesday but not Tuesday

Player B plays on Tuesday but not Wednesday

Player C plays on Wednesday but not on Thursday

All 3 players are similar in talent but A > B > C

after Monday, you could drop player A for player B whom is roughly equally talented in your scoring system. Then on Wednesday you are unable to play player B b/c he has no game and you are unable to pick back up player A b/c he has still not cleared waivers. So now you have to take player C who is the worse of the bunch.

So while you may be making up some points b/c you have an extra person playing, you are also losing overall talent if you cannot pick them immediately back up.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk