Tight end help....Mikhael Ricks or Eric Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tight end help....Mikhael Ricks or Eric Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tight end help....Mikhael Ricks or Eric Johnson

Postby 85bears » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:53 pm

Does anybody know much about Ricks. Is he a solid start over Eric Johnson?
85bears

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby dmeff66 » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:00 pm

ricks is getting more attention, but gb will probably get up big & quick. he suits mcmahon (pussy in the pocket) better than harrington though. harrington's got a better gone (downfield) and scrambles better. not much use for ricks this week i'm thinkin.

id stick with johnson.
dmeff66

Friendliness: %

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:02 pm

Johnson starts over Ricks no matter who QB's Detroit.49er offense is ready to explode,all 'Niners will benefit.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:04 pm

Supposedly he is a Gonzalez-type TE, with good speed, but I haven't seen him in action. He did have a long RAC in the first game, I think, but not many catches. Johnson is a better start vs. Washington than Ricks vs. GB.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joe_montana » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:56 am

I have Johnson on my team, and if he could only get into the endzone he would be a top 5 TE. 69 yards last week. That is a lot, especially against a good Denver D. He should get lots of touches against the terrible Redskins D.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homefront Security » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:24 am

I'd start Johnson over Ricks any week. In case you haven't heard, the Lions suck. They don't use thier tight end as much this year as they did last, and even if they did it wouldn't mean a whole lot. Johnson plays for an offense that grants him a good amount of opportunities to make plays, and he's a more athletic TE in my opinion. With defenses keying in on Owens and with Stokes not producing, Johnson is one of the more reliable recievers in that offense in goal line and short yardage situations. He can turn a short yardage pass into a big gain, as evident already this season, and will undoubtedly get a good amount of looks in the end zone this year.
Homefront Security
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk