Bring it on Heap... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Bring it on Heap...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bring it on Heap...

Postby kilgore_trout » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:19 pm

Who would you have picked to win?

Him: McNabb, Shaun Alexander, Deuce McAllister, Randy Moss, Mushin Muhammed, Todd Heap, K and DST.

Me: Volek, Larry Johnson, Edgerrin James, TO (fantasy playoff choke artist), Lee Evans, Marcus Pollard.

Yeah, I would have picked him too. Thanks a million BV and LJ. I hope all you people that i basically tried to coerce into starting LJ listened to me. The guy is going to be something special.
kilgore_trout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bring it on Heap...

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:21 pm

kilgore_trout wrote:The guy is going to be something special.

Having the best O-line in football doesn't hurt.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:24 pm

deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kilgore_trout » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:28 pm

HAHAHA. Someone is a little bitter.

There's a difference between an RB like Priest who can run BEHIND a great OL, and a guy like LJ who will bust, what? 4 30+ yard TD runs in 3 weeks?

I guess you'll be watching your league final from the "sidelines"
kilgore_trout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:31 pm

kilgore_trout wrote:HAHAHA. Someone is a little bitter.

There's a difference between an RB like Priest who can run BEHIND a great OL, and a guy like LJ who will bust, what? 4 30+ yard TD runs in 3 weeks?

I guess you'll be watching your league final from the "sidelines"

me? my final was this week and i was in it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:32 pm

You're comparing Priest to LJ? Wow...
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby kilgore_trout » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:43 pm

I really don't want to get into it as time will be the best judge, but let me give you a little background:
I went to UT when Priest and Ricky were both there. I watched him single handedly beat Nebraska for the Big 12 championship. SO after watching him languish in Baltimore for a couple years (yeah, there was the Superbowl), I picked Priest in the 2nd round of my fantasy draft the first year he signed with the Chefs. Priest is a great back, but mark my words, LJ is a better overall back. Priest is MUCH more prone to injury because of his running style and body type.
He has carried my team to 4 straight fantasy playoffs and let me down in the playoffs EVERY time. Similar situation with TO.
I don't mean any disrespect, and I'm not the one offering cookies. In case you didn't read the title of this thread, and I know you must have - because at least one of you is a moderator, it's for venting, celebrating, giving thanks to players, etc.

So take from that what you will. I'll shut up about LJ, and we'll see what the next couple of (hopefully RBBC free) years brings.

Peace out.
kilgore_trout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ljthockey » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:50 pm

First there isnt even an argument that Johnson is currently better than Priest. The only thing you really can say is that you think in the future LJ will be better. Priest is a top 5 running back when healthy so your telling me LJ is a top 5? I think you mean in the future LJ will be a better back.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kilgore_trout » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:54 pm

I stand corrected. Yes, Priest is an All Pro and should be a future Hall of Famer.
LJ has more potential, if the OL can stay together (or he can go somewhere commited to starting a talented run - blocking OL), but he has a lot to prove. I think I'm a pretty good judge of talent.

Priest is a fantasy God. And a real class act. Albeit, one who has let me down too many times in the playoffs. And for that, there is no forgiveness.
kilgore_trout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:49 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
me? my final was this week and i was in it.
Did you win?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting