Why can't my fantasy team be this easy to manage!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why can't my fantasy team be this easy to manage!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why can't my fantasy team be this easy to manage!?!

Postby hutchdawg85 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:20 pm

Don't you love when one of the team owners in your league doesn't do a darn thing to his team all season long and makes it to the playoffs as a top seed. I struggled w/o a qb all season (I drafted McNair and Garcia). Now I finally have one (Volek) but it's too little too late. I did manage to make the top seed in the consolation bracket on Yahoo.
He still has K. Robinson in his lineup and he still wins. He's had Kennison and Porter as his other 2 wr's and wouldn't you know it Porter explodes in the first round of the Playoffs and Kennison has 2 td's. Let's see vick did good for him. Oh and throw in the performances of L.T. and Tiki Barber. He wins again and he probably hasn't even thought about football since the preseason.
Oh by the way, I made preseason trade with him to pick up C. Rogers and of course what happens? Of Course, Rogers goes down for the season immediately after the trade goes through.
Anybody else experience this phenomenon? Maybe I'll try that next year. Draft my team, set my lineup and check my team in January.
hutchdawg85
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CommissionerBobHope » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:26 pm

yeah it happened in my league but the guy missed the playoffs by 2 points. (wild card determined by most points). he ended up 4th in power. luckily the hardest worker(me) made it to the super bowl, and will win it if vinatieri doesnt get 31 points.
A penny saved won't buy you anything.
CommissionerBobHope
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: Why can't my fantasy team be this easy to manage!?!

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:42 pm

hutchdawg85 wrote:Don't you love when one of the team owners in your league doesn't do a darn thing to his team all season long and makes it to the playoffs as a top seed. I struggled w/o a qb all season (I drafted McNair and Garcia). Now I finally have one (Volek) but it's too little too late. I did manage to make the top seed in the consolation bracket on Yahoo.
He still has K. Robinson in his lineup and he still wins. He's had Kennison and Porter as his other 2 wr's and wouldn't you know it Porter explodes in the first round of the Playoffs and Kennison has 2 td's. Let's see vick did good for him. Oh and throw in the performances of L.T. and Tiki Barber. He wins again and he probably hasn't even thought about football since the preseason.
Oh by the way, I made preseason trade with him to pick up C. Rogers and of course what happens? Of Course, Rogers goes down for the season immediately after the trade goes through.
Anybody else experience this phenomenon? Maybe I'll try that next year. Draft my team, set my lineup and check my team in January.

You want some cheese with that whine? It happens, I had Alexander, K jones, Ward,Bouldin,Crump and Pitt going with Manning, Wayne and J. Brown today.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CommissionerBobHope » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:35 am

Payne Dailey wrote:

You want some cheese with that whine?

stop saying that, it's getting old, you didnt make it up. this is a place to vent and talk about your season, people are free to express their feelings about the game.
A penny saved won't buy you anything.
CommissionerBobHope
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:41 am

A guy in my league did this and ended up 4th going into the playoffs. He told me he couldn't remember his password to make lineup changes and ended up losing in the first round.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby hutchdawg85 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:27 pm

Hey Tex I wasn't whining. I was merely sharing a story about my league. I find it very amazing. By the way, he scored 145 points this weekend and now he will square off for the championship. All this without changing his lineup once for the entire season.
hutchdawg85
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:18 pm

CommissionerBobHope wrote:people are free to express their feelings about the game.

I agree, I was expressing mine.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk