Do you have a flexible mind? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you have a flexible mind?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you have a flexible mind?

Postby TaturCity34 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:03 am

I was just reading a thread where some dude was venting on how lame it was he lost to Kerry Collins and blamed it on the FF gods.

I just wanted to vent on how wrong this is. You don't tempt the FF gods by falsely blaming them. The gods are reserved for injuries (TO owners),coaches who @$#% with us (Shanny),etc...

Obviously an improved quarterback vs. a horrid pass D is no miricle and thinking that it is, is the mentality that really seems to seperate people at playoff time.

I'm glad the guy's on the forum. Its purpose is so much more than who to start. Its a school. And not to kiss ass but, The Cafe is some ivy league S@&#. Its a wealth of knowlege and an environment of cooperation. You get the most responses by responding. What I love, though, is the comraderie. Every time I've ever seen somebody directly attack a poster, someone else comes right to the victims defense.

Anyway, I digress. My whole point is that The Cafe teaches you every aspect of fantasy football and gives you access to some impressive group research. Like the subject says you've got to be flexible. Fantasy Football is like poker, the skill is in the little things.

This is my sophmore year in FF. Last year I finished 7th and this year I'm playing the championship. The distinct difference is my management skill. And this season really reflects the difference the forum made. I started 5-1 (Culpepper carried team with mad #'s), Moss goes out, I go 0-3 (team was pretty weak, only looked at 1 cheat sheet and drafted directly off of it.) I then randomly found the cafe and joined. How quickly I found out I was a bad owner. After joining, though, my turnaround time was about a day. I got Droughns and understood that in a league full of other sophmores being the quickest gun on the wavier wire was my key to improvement. I haven't lost since then and the team I drafted was non-existant. So the newbies afraid to pay that $1 transaction fee, DONT BE!!!! I've got JuJo at the right time, J.Porter at the right time, pulled CJ off my bench at the right time, used Burleson at the right, I threw LJ on my bench a couple weeks ago and used him today, and the cafe is fully responsible for getting me Buffalo's D and dropping Arizona's (this ones my favorite for some reason.)

I guess this is just an extremely long thank you, but The Cafe deserves it.
And you rookies shouldn't mess with the FF gods you may get cursed. Just stay in school and do your homework.

P.S. Am I the only one who doesn't tell anybody in their league about FFC? HeHeHe ;-D
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Re: Do you have a flexible mind?

Postby Cooner » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:39 am

TaturCity34 wrote:P.S. Am I the only one who doesn't tell anybody in their league about FFC? HeHeHe ;-D

heck no, this one is "our little secret" ;-D
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do you have a flexible mind?

Postby Atog » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:50 am

Cooner wrote:
TaturCity34 wrote:P.S. Am I the only one who doesn't tell anybody in their league about FFC? HeHeHe ;-D

heck no, this one is "our little secret" ;-D

/agreed ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Paladyr » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:52 pm

it was the FFGods. Kerry collins is a hit or miss player, regardless of what d lines up against him. He could have the matchup of a lifetime and manage to throw 10 INTs.

And screw oakland for laying down for volek. My g0d Volek was just tossing the ball up in the air and oakland bent over and took it.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby roninmedia » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:12 pm

The fantasy gods have shined on me over the years. This is my 3rd season of fantasy football. I like this forum but i don't take the words of these guys as holy law. }:-)

All I have to say is do your homework, follow your gut and you'll win. (at least enough to get into the playoffs).

2002: 1 league, #1 seed (13-1), pts leader, super bowl runner up

2003:
League 1: #2 seed (12-2), pts leader, superbowl winner
League 2: Failed to make playoffs (8-6), won consolation bracket, #5 overall

2004: All teams in the week 16 superbowl (results not confirmed but all players have played).
League 1: #4 seed, (8-6)
League 2: #2 seed, (10-4), #1 in pts
League 3: #3 seed, (10-4)
League 4: #2 seed (10-4)
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk