Follow Up: Fantasy Football for the Older with the Young - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Follow Up: Fantasy Football for the Older with the Young

Moderator: Football Moderators

Follow Up: Fantasy Football for the Older with the Young

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:19 pm

Older guys, I would like to hear what you have to say about when you play in a FFL with teenagers. Do you think of them any different, do you wish that they weren't in your league? Any imput on this topic would be great.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Follow Up: Fantasy Football for the Older with the Young

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:51 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:Older guys, I would like to hear what you have to say about when you play in a FFL with teenagers. Do you think of them any different, do you wish that they weren't in your league? Any imput on this topic would be great.

I'm 13, and I play in a free yahoo elague with my friends. The problems are that some people just quit without telling anyone, so their team will lose almost every game. And my commish in one of my leagues was really mean, and since I didn't trade him Julius Jones, he locked my league and stole my good players and put them on his team (See: "Commish Problem-Gone Too Far" in the FF leftovers area). A lot of trash talking too. It was fun though, and I was the most active player in the league, and now I'm in the championship with nearly my whole team from the WW.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:26 am

I'm 50 and play in one league with eleven 16-18 year olds. I've noticed a couple of things:
1. They are some trading mofo's ... way more prone to pull the trigger than I would be. No one is sacred to them - eternal optimists.
2. Some of these guys are absolute stat hounds - pouring over the waiver wire constantly trying new players. Not such a bad thing but in a couple of cases in this league (as in many others I'm sure) some of the less knowledgable kids have put together nice lineups.
I've enjoyed playing with these guys until this week ... my opponent has CPepp, Burleson and Moss. Time to mount a comeback ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:34 am

Thank You Lusdcrush, it was nice to hear a story from the otherside. mtryanks, thats to bad that the commish did that, what an a$$.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:29 am

As long as you keep up on your team and always try to win, I don't care how old you are. I am only 23, so it's not like I would consider myself old, but age doesn't metter in this game. Actually, I think 10 - 18 year olds actually might benefit because they are in school and can look at the stuff a lot more than some working people with kids and other responsibilities. I am in a league with all my friends and their dads. One guy let his 12 year old run a team to fill the league out and he ended up winning the whole thing ($1200, split with dad of course). So age really doesn't bother me or matter all that much. As long as you try and don't trade studs for your "favorite" players or something like that all will be well.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk