NFL Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:03 pm

From PFW.Aug. 14, 2003

Random quotes from around the NFL

Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells on LBs Dat Nguyen and Dexter Coakley, both of whom stand less than 6 feet tall but have made an impression on Parcells: "They hustle, they're prepared, they're the same guys every day. They are consistent guys. I haven't had any complaints about either one. They are both bright, they understand the scheme. They're doing well."

Browns QB Tim Couch on his future in Cleveland as Browns head coach Butch Davis prepares to pick a starting quarterback early next week: "I think this will decide whether I'm going to be here for a long time or not."

Jets head coach Herman Edwards on trying to get backup QB Vinny Testaverde enough pass attempts to get him to break the 40,000-yard barrier (he needs 442 yards) considering that Testaverde will most likely only play in blowouts as long as starter Chad Pennington is healthy: "All of a sudden it is a pass, and people are saying you are running up the score. You don't want to do that. The situation is kind of unique, and I think that if that ever happened, I would walk over and tell that coach the reason for it, and I would think the coach would understand that."

Titans FS Lance Schulters on having Bell's palsy, a condition that has partially paralyzed the left side of his face: "Nobody in my family ever had this. That's why it's so shocking to me. I never, nobody in my family ever had anything like this, never heard about anything like this."

Giants TE Jeremy Shockey responding to criticism after he used a homosexual slur to describe Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells in an interview with a magazine reporter: "Several of my comments have been thoughtless, immature and made with a total disregard for those around me and for any possible consequences. I understand that some of my comments have been irresponsible."

Giants head coach Jim Fassel on being at the end of his rope with WR Ron Dixon, who missed a team meeting last week; after an ensuing meeting with Dixon, Fassel slammed his office door so hard it broke: "He had a little different meeting with me than a normal guy would. I don't want to get into it. I am sure, for him, it was not a pleasant meeting."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pfphlyerz » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:28 pm

Thanks, Guttpuppy
Standard Scoring, NO PPR
pfphlyerz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:38 pm

good luck to timmmaaay... slow sure wouldnt want to see him lose out! :,-(
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk