San Fran rb situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

San Fran rb situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

San Fran rb situation

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:33 pm

does anyone know if barlow and hearst are splitting carries or is there a starter outta the two?

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nick_millionaire » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:19 pm

I remember hearing from someplace(might have been this very site) that Hearst will still see most of the carries. Barlow will still get some, but i don't think anymore or less than last year.
Im Ready
nick_millionaire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mudd » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:27 pm

everything is really pointing to Barlow having a very good year. He has worked on picking up the blitz the entire offseason, which is what rb's coach told him he needed to improve on to play more. they have said that they won't hesitate to use him on third downs. Hearst is a little banged up right now, nothing major, but enough to keep him from suiting up for preseason games. i also seem to remember reading that Hearst is the clearcut starter, but Barlow could receive as much as half of the carries right off the bat.

Barlow will be the feature back by midseason. All he needs to do is make amends with Beasley and he's golden!!
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:59 pm

This was supposed to be the year Barlow took the job over, but after 2 days of camp I was reading Hearst will remain the startter (but Barlow might get half the carries). What that tells me is Barlow did not do enough work to impress the coaching staff. I don't think it bodes well for Barlow that the deciosion was made that early. If Barlow were close to Hearst, the competition would have lasted thru most of camp.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tjhksig » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:48 pm

It looks to be a 50/50 split for the year, unless one gets injured or one just blows the other outta the water.

Barlow SHOULD be the starter by mid-season but I don't see it happening; the Niners think Hearst has one good year left.

BUT, if Garcia is injured most the year and they pack it in, I could see them giving Barlow the full load to prepare him for next season......
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:55 am

I posted an article on this site last week in which the 49'ers RB coach was quoted as saying the plan for the season is to have Hearst starting and Barlow coming off the bench. If they're worried at all about Garcia's back (which they probably will be) I would expect to see even more of Hearst.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk