What position to draft in a 16-team league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What position to draft in a 16-team league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What position to draft in a 16-team league?

Postby Murray » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:18 am

A 16 team league draft is causing dilemmas for me ... it's my 3rd pick. It's been a ker-azy draft, where QBs have been dropping like flies. We each start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DT, and 1 WR/TE flex position. My first two picks were Ricky Williams and Randy Moss.

My next pick is bamboozling me. Do I go for Stephen Davis (or possibly William Green) for my second starting RB, or grab Plaxico Burress as my second WR?

I'm not a very experienced drafter, so this one has me stumped. What's your advice?
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:07 am

difficult to really offer streamlined advice without knowing what players are still available ...and what scoring system your league utilizes ....

but Ill take a stab at the "words of wisdom" role and make note that you should likely focus on the best RB available. I would also like to think that there is something a bit more productive than W.Green or Davis still on the board ....but if they are truly cream of the crop at this particular point .....my money goes on S. Davis and his new stomping grounds in Carolina.
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby SinCity » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:22 pm

I would go for a RB myself. I'm sure all the top 3 or 4 QB's are out of there. I always try to get 2 rb's as soon as possible.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joester » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:25 pm

Take Stephen Davis and never look back............by the way having RW, Moss, and Davis in a 16 team league is excellent
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lushcrush » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:23 pm

A 16 team draft is a mind blower, but keep in mind that everybody has the same problem ... it's a long time till your turn comes back around. Pick who you think is the best player for you but also try to be as efficient as you can in terms of the little things. Watch your open dates ... sometimes in the late rounds one player fits in perfectly while another just adds another hole on week 8. The little things like :
no backups for TE K or D, instead stockpile those RB's and WR's for trades or plugins for pickups on bye weeks.

in the later rounds, suggest marginal players to all those sitting within earshot when they are on the clock

pick up the Atlanta D and act like it's no big deal. At the same time, do not react if the guy picking before you snags them.

Good luck ...
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk