Rookie advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookie advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookie advice

Postby TeamRanger » Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:28 am

This is the first time I have played Fantasy anything and I have picked my team. I am playing TSN league, so everyone should know the rules. (I hope) Anyway someone tell me if I am a complete idiot or not. If I am help me make the right move from here. Remember 30mil is all I have to play with.

QBs
Bledsoe ---- Vick

RBs
Green ----- Henry

WRs
Driver ----- Bates

D
Indianapolis
TeamRanger
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TeamRanger » Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:41 am

I had a change of heart and went with Eddie George instead of Travis Henry
TeamRanger
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby SolarfluX » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:00 pm

I keep reading that Bledsoe is not a good fantasy QB, but that was with NE. Might be better with Buffalo, don't know yet.

Vick needs another year to mature, but might be a good plugin for a bye week, or a matchup decision. His ability to run will definitely help, his passing skills should improve throughout the year.

Pretty risky at WR, Driver will not be #1 in GB, Ferguson will (at this point). Bates is a good sleeper pick for a #2, because Alexander is slacking and Bates is snaring everything in sight. But that could change before the season starts.

Picking Indy for a D is asking for trouble, even though Dungy has done some good things, they're unproven. I think they'll still be below average, but ya never know...

I'm assuming you're referring to Ahman Green and not William Green, he's a solid RB, and if Favre can't get in sync with his new receivers, expect his workload to increase (which also increases the chance of fatigue/injury). George is definitely not a stud anymore, but way above average and could surprise. I'd get both of their backups for insurance (Ki-Jana Carter and Skip Hicks), or pick one and get another RB for your bye weeks.

Then again, I haven't played on a TSN league, so my strategy may not apply to your situation. 'Grain of salt' is the key phrase here.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Basic TSN

Postby MARTIANS » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:37 pm

You do have a decent team. I have been on the Ultimate Forum at TSN for a few days this same dilemma is confronting all. I went with Houston. Most are going Dallas but, you will lose one of your studs. Go with it I think it will turn point wise but, maybe not in making money
MARTIANS

Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:28 am

Your team looks good, George and Green are a great tandem at RB, your WRs aren't top guys but should keep producing a fair amount of points... Bledsoe won't improve much over his change of scenery but Vick might have some great weeks
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk