Postby Tom Joad » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:33 am

What's your opion on this cat?
Tom Joad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Ricks

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:57 pm

My knowledge of him is limited. I remember he started off as a rookie in San Deigo and played there two years as a WR. Then he was sent to K.C. and was playing behind Gonzo in a H-Back type of position. Then sent to Detroit and is now a full time TE. He made a few big plays last year and has good potential b/c he's big and fast. He is not a very good blocker but he can get down field and catch. I don't see him being used as much as they could. Maybe that will change when Coordinators start seeing how a good fast TE can open up the passing game like Shockey in N.Y.. NO, I'm not saying he is Shockey. Sorry I have to say that but there seems to be a few who jump to conculsions. Anyways, Harrington needs that relief throw over the middle. I would only take him as one of the last TE's available. He will catch some and make a few big plays but he is not consistant enough yet to be played as a starter. He does have good potential though and might surprise a little (not to much) this year. I would use him as a 2nd TE and a guy for bye weeks.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SinCity » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:02 pm

I can't add much to that last post. While he was in KC, he caught alot of ball in the corner or short flat route to the sidelines. He did well jumping and holding onto the ball when he hit the ground. But not well if he got hit right after catching the ball. He wasn't able to pick up ball low toward the turf or behind him some. I agree, he could be a okay back up TE on a fantasy team. Enless Joey is looking for him when he gets into trouble I wouldn't make him my 2nd TE.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk