Roethlisberger hurt; "Touchdown" Tommy Maddox in at QB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Roethlisberger hurt; "Touchdown" Tommy Maddox in at QB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SheLovesFootball » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:50 pm

gotta go Puppy.. 2nd half is on... take care
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SheLovesFootball » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:02 pm

[quote="Guttpuppy"]

"You do the math",a common phrase usually meaning "you figure it out".Once again,trying to find a fault in my statement...now you're reaching.[quote]

yea.. like you, your wife and your sister equals two people..
:-D

sorry couldnt resist..........

Peace Out
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chronic cameltosis » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:02 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
chronic cameltosis wrote:From a non Steelers and Ravens fan, I say that both plays were cheap but Porter's hit on Heap was worse. It was a spike play and Porter knew Heap was hurt.

How did he know,did Heap tell him?Porter simply pushed on his shoulder pads.

Suggs definitely knew that Ben had thrown the ball...2 steps and driven to the turf.

No comparison in my eyes no matter what team I'm a fan of.

Heap could barely even get off the turf, he limped to the line. Come on man if the roles were reversed and someone would of done that to a Steeler, you would be screaming about what a cheap shot it was. I'm not trying to start a fight, like I said, both plays were cheap. But you can't discount what Porter did to Heap, a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye, right.
In It to Win It
chronic cameltosis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:15 pm

I think you've proven yourself to be comical.And yes I get to 1 or 2 games a year and have for longer than you've had your team.I like Heap and all I was saying was that Heap was injured on the play before Porter hit him,not by the hit,how did Joey know he wasn't faking anyways?

SheLovesFootball wrote:I never claimed MY SuperBowl was in week 2.. I just think it is great that the lowly Ravens marred your perfect season.. my SuperBowl was #35.. when was your last one?

So yours is newer but we've got 4,nananana-nana.

SheLovesFootball wrote:You may be 7 feet tall, but you dwell in 8 feet of $hit in pissburgh

You clearly aren't reading my posts or just not getting them.This is a great statement you've made here,well thought out,almost adultlike.Oh,and I live closer to the Baltimore than Pittsburgh.

SheLovesFootball wrote:Only thing I am reaching for is my GUT_puppy as I am laughing at your sad attempt at covering up your gross inability to prove a point...

I'm picturing Tony Siragusa...not trying to prove a point but voicing my opinion.Even some Steeler fans on a message board I frequent are arguing about this.The way I see it...

Simple facts:

1) Porter's actions were during the course of normal play, and did not cause injury. Nor were they even worthy of a flag.

2) Suggs' actions were NOT during the course of normal play, DID cause injury, and WERE worthy of a flag.

So which is a cheap shot?

Enjoy your game Goose.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:16 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:yea.. like you, your wife and your sister equals two people..
:-D

sorry couldnt resist..........

Peace Out

I have no clue as to what you're talking about but you're making yourself look silly. :-b
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:19 pm

On Monday Morning QB,both Eric Allen and Mike Ditka agreed that it was a cheap shot.

Now,there's 2 guys that clearly know nothing about football.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:25 pm

chronic cameltosis wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:
chronic cameltosis wrote:From a non Steelers and Ravens fan, I say that both plays were cheap but Porter's hit on Heap was worse. It was a spike play and Porter knew Heap was hurt.

How did he know,did Heap tell him?Porter simply pushed on his shoulder pads.

Suggs definitely knew that Ben had thrown the ball...2 steps and driven to the turf.

No comparison in my eyes no matter what team I'm a fan of.

Heap could barely even get off the turf, he limped to the line. Come on man if the roles were reversed and someone would of done that to a Steeler, you would be screaming about what a cheap shot it was. I'm not trying to start a fight, like I said, both plays were cheap. But you can't discount what Porter did to Heap, a tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye, right.

I'll tell you what, If Boller had faked that spike and threw a quick pass to Heap for a TD, these same idiots who are calling Porter a cheap shot artist would be calling him a choke artist.

It's great that Heap got up and lined up. It is also Porter's job to make sure he isn't faking and to put his hands on him, which is basically all he did. It wasn't a full out hit, it was a tap! Suggs DROVE Roethlisberger into the turf a full two steps AFTER the pass was thrown. There is no comparison.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby petedog9 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:36 pm

I have to agree with Gutpuppy here. If Heap is that hurt, then stay on the turf and the refs will blow the whistle and he wont risk further injury. If he is their franchise, then what is ten seconds?? When you line up across form a guy you are signalling ready to go and at the snap its on....How many times do you see players faking injury to get a flag or a stoppage in play. The answer is often, especially in QBS and kickers.....

Suggs hit was illegal and a cheap shot....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:27 pm

Brian St. Pierre is now in at quarterback against the Bills, replacing an ineffective Tommy Maddox, who was 12/24 for 120 yards with a touchdown pass to Randle El. Maddox also had two sacks and 2 interceptions, one of which was returned for a Bills touchdown.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting