Chicago got shafted. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Chicago got shafted.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:18 am

What I would like to know is why do we have replay? I mean if that is how you are going to call it, why bother. It was obviously a catch and the dopes couldn't get it right. I think the NFL should start fining these umps and make them issue public apologies.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:55 pm

Following up on this, it is tempting to blame the loss on the refs and there is some truth to it. The bottom line, though, is that the Bears offense sucks and the disputed pass was at the end of their only decent drive all day.

I was listening to the Lovie Smith show last night and he was going on about how he really likes the offense and Terry Shea (the offensive coordinator). Yeah, I know the season is not over and he has to put on a happy face but what is he smoking? The offense needs a major shakeup starting with Terry Shea and David Terrell. Smith was saying how much he likes Hutchinson, are you kidding me? People are talking about Grossman, but when he got injured he had only one TD pass and three interceptions. Jones was carrying the offense and once the other teams figured that out he was not as effective.

Although I have a Packer logo at left, I'm also a Bears fan. Bitching about the refs only hides the real problem.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:16 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:Following up on this, it is tempting to blame the loss on the refs and there is some truth to it. The bottom line, though, is that the Bears offense sucks and the disputed pass was at the end of their only decent drive all day.

First of all, the argument here is whether they got shafted on that one play. The Bears offense does suck and it was still a horrible call and they still got shafted. SO because your offense only put together one decent drive that TD should not count?

Goatwhacker wrote:I was listening to the Lovie Smith show last night and he was going on about how he really likes the offense and Terry Shea (the offensive coordinator). Yeah, I know the season is not over and he has to put on a happy face but what is he smoking? The offense needs a major shakeup starting with Terry Shea and David Terrell. Smith was saying how much he likes Hutchinson, are you kidding me? People are talking about Grossman, but when he got injured he had only one TD pass and three interceptions. Jones was carrying the offense and once the other teams figured that out he was not as effective.

This offense does need a bit of a shake-up, and I have said all along that I think they are stupid if they don't draft either Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards this year.

I think that when Bears fans and coaches say they like Chad Hutchinson, what they mean is that they like him a lot more than Jonathan Quinn or Craig Krenzel. They are not saying Hutchinson is the best QB in the world.

Grossman has the ability and he was learning. One thing certainly to be noted is that T. Jones did not start becoming "ineffective" until after Grossman got hurt. You need to at least have the threat of a pass in order to run effectively.

Goatwhacker wrote:Although I have a Packer logo at left, I'm also a Bears fan. Bitching about the refs only hides the real problem.

I didn't know there was a such thing as a Packers and a Bears fan? JK :-b By Bit@hing about the refs, we are not trying to hide any problems, rather we are just trying to say that that play should have been a TD and the Lions should have had to put a similar drive together if they were going to win. Instead, they got the game handed to them.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:04 pm

Yeah, there aren't many of us Bear/Packer fans. I've been a Packer fan for many years but living in eastern Iowa for the past ten years the Bears are on TV every week so kind of grow on you.

Everything you say is true, maybe I should have started a new thread. I didn't mean that the bad call should be ignored or that others were wrong to complain about it. Listening to Lovie Smith last night though really pissed me off. The Bears offense is not something that a little growth and few little tweaks is going to solve. The bad call should not have been a factor if the Bears had had a halfway decent offense Sunday, or this season for that matter. I know the emphasis of this thread was the last minutes of the game, what I'm saying is there is a lot bigger picture that is really the problem.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:13 pm

Thats sacrilege in my opinion. Are you a joint Red Sox/Yankees fan as well?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:19 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Thats sacrilege in my opinion. Are you a joint Red Sox/Yankees fan as well?

Like any true midwesterner, I don't like either one. I am however a long-suffering Cubs fan.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby A Flannel Shirt » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:24 pm

Heehee, you mean a long-suffering Chicago baseball fan. Both teams are pretty bad and really have not done anything for how long again?

lol

But back to the Bears offense topic. One word yuck. I honestly didn't have that much faith in Grossman. We still lost those games with him playing. But in Grossman's defense, he was getting better every game. If the Bears got this Mike Williams guy I've been reading a lot about, then the offense would get a drastic upgrade. It would be like TO/Westbrook - Williams/Jones.
But the bears will draft someone stupid and fail us again.

A Packers/Bears fan. Now I've seen it all.
This is only my opinion, if you play the players I suggest and they do not perform well, please don't yell at me.
A Flannel Shirt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:07 am

A Flannel Shirt wrote:A Packers/Bears fan. Now I've seen it all.

Kind of gives you a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:16 am

moochman wrote:

yes it does :~( :~( :~( :~(

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:15 am

Vikes Rule 88 wrote:
moochman wrote:

yes it does :~( :~( :~( :~(

Hey, if it makes you feel better, like most Packer and Bear fans I hate the Vikes.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting