Chicago got shafted. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Chicago got shafted.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:32 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
Vikes Rule 88 wrote:
moochman wrote:
A Flannel Shirt wrote:A Packers/Bears fan. Now I've seen it all.

Kind of gives you a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it?

yes it does :~( :~( :~( :~(

Hey, if it makes you feel better, like most Packer and Bear fans I hate the Vikes.

Being a fan of any team in the NFC North means that the other teams are hated, that's a given. The troubling thing is who do you root for when the Pack plays DaBears? It's a rhetorical question, so don't answer...and there is no right answer. Some things are just wrong. Like marrying your 12 year-old first cousin north of the Kentucky border, rooting for 2 teams in the same division is just wrong.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:35 pm

moochman wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
Vikes Rule 88 wrote:
moochman wrote:
A Flannel Shirt wrote:A Packers/Bears fan. Now I've seen it all.

Kind of gives you a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it?

yes it does :~( :~( :~( :~(

Hey, if it makes you feel better, like most Packer and Bear fans I hate the Vikes.

Being a fan of any team in the NFC North means that the other teams are hated, that's a given. The troubling thing is who do you root for when the Pack plays DaBears? It's a rhetorical question, so don't answer...and there is no right answer. Some things are just wrong. Like marrying your 12 year-old first cousin north of the Kentucky border, rooting for 2 teams in the same division is just wrong.[/quote]

LMAO MOOCH!

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:41 pm

moochman wrote:
Being a fan of any team in the NFC North means that the other teams are hated, that's a given. The troubling thing is who do you root for when the Pack plays DaBears? It's a rhetorical question, so don't answer...and there is no right answer. Some things are just wrong. Like marrying your 12 year-old first cousin north of the Kentucky border, rooting for 2 teams in the same division is just wrong.

Damn, there goes my shot at my cousin. Seriously though, I have a good friend who is a die-hard Packer fan, grew up in central Wisconsin, etc. He went to Michigan (Michigan State I think) for grad school and became something of a Lions fan. When you see the Lions are on TV every weekend, every day there are Lion articles in the paper, sports talk radio is all about the Lions, eventually you start to root for them a little bit.

In my case, becoming a Bears fan was easier since they rarely presented a serious threat to the Packers for the past decade or so. Now when they play each other I don't usually care who wins (unless there's playoff implications), I just like a good game.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting