I'd be funny if the Saints - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I'd be funny if the Saints

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'd be funny if the Saints

Postby wildarmz » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:22 pm

made the playoffs, lol. I think stl has to lose vs philly. interesting considering how bad their defense is 8-o

The Saints playoff road is simpler after Seattle's 24-21 victory at home late Sunday vs. Arizona.

A St. Louis loss or tie tomorrow night vs. Philadelphia would give Seattle the NFC West title, clinch a playoff berth for Minnesota and would eliminate St. Louis from the playoff chase. The winner of the Saints-Panthers game would then be the sixth seed in the NFC.

If the Rams beat the Eagles, the Saints would need a victory vs. Carolina and a St. Louis loss or tie at home to the N.Y. Jets on the season's final day to qualify for the postseason.
Last edited by wildarmz on Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
wildarmz
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:02 pm

It would be funny b/c they'd have to go on the road and then win. But considering how bad the NFC has been this year, they could potentially pull an upset win.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:09 pm

Funny.
Briefly heard the ESPN radio guys talking about this.
"Unpack your bags? Can you really fire a coach who makes the playoffs?"
Does anyone know if any coaches who made the playoffs were ever fired?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The_Captain » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:18 pm

I couldn't find anything about NFL coaches being fired after making the playoffs.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lsufan » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:21 pm

It would be very funny if we made the playoffs but haslet should still be fired and brooks still should be benched for bad play. I know that may seem harsh but fans are always most critical of there own team.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:27 pm

The Saints just have too much offensive talent not to have a better record. I think it's a direct reflection of their coach.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:31 pm

The_Captain wrote:The Saints just have too much offensive talent not to have a better record. I think it's a direct reflection of their coach.

If Brooks had half an ounce of judgement and decision-making ability, the Saints would do a lot better, too. I'm not sure you can blame the coach for that - Brooks has a lot of talent but makes dumb decisions way too often to be a consistent winner. It's too bad because I've liked Brooks ever since he was with the packers.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Captain » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:38 pm

I agree Brooks should shoulder some blame too for bad decision-making during the game. However, to have a talented QB in Brooks, a stud RB in McAllister and WR's like Horn, Stallworth and Pathon, they should be offensively better than they are. Maybe the offensive coordinator and Haslett need to move on.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:00 pm

i blame haslett. i dont really see in motivation to win from that team in general. the defense is finally showing some signs....so much talent has been wasted in the last few years. haslett needds to get canned even if they make the playoffs. they still have a crappy record, and wouldnt make the playoffs under normal circumstances (ie: nfc teams all sucking)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:13 pm

You guys are all wrong. Its the defenses fault. The fact that Brooks, and to a lesser extent haslett, could overcome that terrible defense is a testiment to the offense. Sure Brooks screws up once in a while, but the offense is still pretty high scoring. Blame the defense.

(Just another way of looking at it)
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting