Well I'm out let me hear some GOOD stories out there - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Well I'm out let me hear some GOOD stories out there

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby largetree » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:39 pm

i broke my FF leagues score record that held for 2 years. I scored 203 pts. but my starting lineup went off. c-pep, alexander, L. johnson, evans, harrison, gonzo, vintieri, buffalo. and my friend that has been #1 in league for 2 years lost in first round by 2 pts, buy a 7-9 team.
largetree
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kyle Basa2 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:26 pm

Good stories? I was forced to start Droughns and McGahee due to news about Fred Taylor's injury.

It has been a Merry Christmas!
"A doughnut with no hole is a danish." - Ty Webb
Kyle Basa2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The_Captain » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:34 pm

If I got the point totals correct me and my opponent are tied at 84 with no one left to play (I'll find out for sure tomorrow morning). Which means the bench points will come into play where I have Brees (Collins started....don't ask), Muhammad (don't even think about asking), Wayne and Westbrook. His bench has Volek (4 points), CMart (7 points), M. Robinson (0 points), Vick (0 points) and Chambers.

If I got everything correct I should win and advance to the Super Bowl. I was sweatin this Sunday out big time!!! :-o

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby work4beerz » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:03 pm

I only won the highest point total for a week once, But I am sure I am going to win the championship.
Cpepp
Mason
Housh
K. jones
L. Johnson
Wiggins
Vinitieri
Buffalo

Half of them I picked off the waiver wire.
My opponent Has
Mcnabb
TO (out) replaced by Pinkston
and Alge crumpler.

Oh and by the way I am a girl. Honest. ;-) It is important info for this site, to tell your sex.
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby nerdd » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:13 pm

This will make you feel better. First I started Bell over Droughns then I woke up at 5 til this morning to find F. Taylor was inactive and my lineup was locked with Mcgahee on the bench beside Droughns. Couldnt get the commish on the phone (oddly its him that Im playing). Then Portis lays an egg, Carr continues to suck and I lose the title by half of whats on my bench. All this after demolishing everyone in the league the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Merry F'ing Christmas to me.
nerdd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mad benjamin » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:36 pm

Whacked my brother out of the playoffs by better than a 2-1 margin. He benched Green for Volek and none of his guys did squat except for DJax (Volek, Emmitt, Antowain, JuJo, Wayne, Jets... Longwell did okay and jury's still out on Chad Lewis). He made a vailiant comeback after starting out 1-4 to finish at 8-7 regular season and squeak into the playoffs.

It should be interesting as I enter the championship next week a far as my RB situation goes. I hope I can make the right calls.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:02 am

I need my DST to score 65.2 points tonight. It has happend 4 times before in my league where a DST has scored more than 65 points. Looks like the Bills have done it a couple of times. The Ravens did it once. Oh well I'm not holding too much hope. If only I started Westbrook over Portis OH well!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby The Shvitz » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:13 am

Woohoo! First season playing FF. Three leagues, 2 public, 1 private. I won two championships so far and am in the championship this weekend in the third. Get this, the best place I was in was third. What a country!

Many thanks to the FFC for passing on the knowledge and experience to the community:
-picked up the Buffalo defense about 4 weeks ago
-rode on Barber's back the first half and McGehee's back the second half of the season
-ironically, I picked up the Indy defense as a bye week filler and used them nearly every week after that.
-MOST important thing I learned is to be patient and play the matchups.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken
The Shvitz Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:02 am

I was facing Manning and very nervous with him going for the record. Now I'm the champ because of the following studly performances on my team:

Brees: 300 yds, 3 tds
Muhammad: 115 yds, 2 tds
Alexander: 150 yds, 3 tds
L Johnson: 120 total yds, 2 tds
McGahee: 100 yds, 2 tds
Gonzo: 125 yds, 2 tds

I benched Dillon for McGahee last minute but it wouldn't have mattered. I absolutely annihilated the Manning team and scored the most points in a week for our league all year. He has Westbrook left to play tonight - think he can make up a 167 point defecit :)
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby sdel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:09 pm

Started the season with Culpepper, Holmes and Brown. Traded Culpepper for Manning straight up before Week 1. That decision was looking bad until Manning went on a tear. Finished the year with Manning, L. Johnson and Goings and won my league championship. I think thats a pretty good story
sdel
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting