Well I'm out let me hear some GOOD stories out there - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Well I'm out let me hear some GOOD stories out there

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby squiggles » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:17 pm

I started Volek over griese and Bulger....was down by about 35 going into sundays games and now im up 13.5 with holt and lj smith vs his mcnabb ;-D I think i got it well see
squiggles
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RaudeR » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:25 pm

I played a tough game for the right to play in the fantasy bowl this week. This is my first season ever doing this but I've always followed stats so I'm a natural. Anyway, I was up by 27 going into monday night but he had Isaac Bruce and Philly D. Needless to say I was worried. Bruce got off to a slow start but caught a TD in the 2nd quarter. I started pacing in front of the TV somewhere in the 3rd quarter after Philly got their 2nd sack and recovered a fumble. Bruce's passes slowed down, but with Bulger at the helm again, and S.Jax hurt, I knew they were'nt going to run the clock out. Plus, every time Philly got the ball they were passing with their 2nd and 3rd string QB. Why do teams do this? Example, Matt Schaub or whatever with the Falcons. He hasnt seen 10 snaps all seasn and is subbing in for the Falcons, who like lead the NFC in rushing or something. And they are playing the supposedly bad defense of the saints. SO what does ATL do? Pass more times than Vick does in a 3 game period. Just doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, here is I_forget_his_name playing QB for the eagles airing it out and between those incomplete passes and the penalties the eagles are aquiring, the clock starts to move backwards. Finally the Rams start running Faulk and the clock gets down to 2.5 minutes. IF Bruce casses one more catch for over 7 yards, I lose. I'm full-fledged chanting while pacing at this point. I'm chanting "No Bruce, No Bruce" over and over again before every snap. Finally, I can't take it anymore and go outside to smoke a cig. Upon entering, the game is over. I check Yahoo, and low and behold Bruce HAS caught another pass, evidentally for more than 7 yards, breaking 100 yds and giving him 19pts and Philly D 9 pts for a total of 28. I lose. I feel sick. My night, before this hasn't gone well ( a fight with a stranger for one ) and now this. I feel cursed. Upon waking up this morning, I decide to check the homepage to see if , perhaps by chance, I was mistaken, and I didn't lose. No, I'm just fooling myself, right? Well, low and behold, it was a tie! And the tie-breaker goes to me. I feel so unworthy now. But very stoked. Checked the yahoo page and Bruce didn't go over 100 yds receiving. Evidentally Yahoo made a mistake and changed it later that night.
RaudeR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting