Post-Playoff Syndrom - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Post-Playoff Syndrom

Moderator: Football Moderators

Post-Playoff Syndrom

Postby mo_sker » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:52 pm

Now that the fantasy playoffs are over in the league I am in, how am I expected to be for an NFL team? Almost every team in the NFL playoffs has at least one player that was used against me. I think the only exception is Cleveland. None of them ever helped beat my fantasy team.

I don't have a favorite NFL team. I got out of that habit when I started playing fantasy football. Before fantasy football I was a free agent fan. I would like whatever team was good and had the fewest players I hated from college.

And besides, isn't it dull to just worry about if a team wins or loses? You don't have to compute running yardage versus receiving yeardage, or hope they throw to any receiver BUT the one you are playing, of try to remember the bonus on a 42 yard field goal.

Watching football without any fantasy team implications is just, like, one-dimensional. Shallow. Bland.

Guess I will have to fall on that great American institution - pull for the underdogs. Because not watching football is NOT an option.
mo_sker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:26 pm

I'm lost.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Post-Playoff Syndrom

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:35 pm

mo_sker wrote:I don't have a favorite NFL team. I got out of that habit when I started playing fantasy football. Before fantasy football I was a free agent fan. I would like whatever team was good

I think this says it all...
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wannabthechamp » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:12 am

Yeah, it'll suck without fantasy football now...I'm a Bears fan, so no playoffs.... Blackhawks fan, but NHL in lockout...so no sports to watch until Baseball! :~( :~( :~(

FF really makes you interested in games you normally wouldn't care about...for instance, last night's games featuring Chiefs-Raiders, Titans-Broncos...before FF, I wouldn't have given a damn...but I started LJ, Volek, and Mason so I was glued to the TV.
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mothaudio » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:06 am

I hear you guys, and while I'll miss FF, I'm a Charger fan so the fun is just beginning.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:12 am

Well I am a Lions fan, rain or shine, which speaks more to my mental instability than anything else! But even though there is no FF left, the last week and play-offs are a great time for pre-draft scouting. The FF season never really ends, it hibernates for awhile, but it never really ends. Now we scout, then we regroup and assess our strategies. What went wrong? What went right? What won't we do again! Can I hear a K Rob people?

Like my girlfriend told me: "FF never ends, only relationships do" Edited from it's original content to protect the hampster.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby BigSmith01 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:59 am

Ya, football is a lot more fun to watch when your playing fantasy football.
BigSmith01
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:32 am

as a chargers can i am used to packing it in at this point in the season, but not this year. Ive got a heluva lot to chear for, and chear i will. Its also fun jost to watch some great exciting football, like the KC OAK game yesterday, just great entertainment

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:14 pm

Congrats CKY ROX, Charger fans deserve to enjoy a long playoff run. Good luck.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:31 pm

moochman wrote:Congrats CKY ROX, Charger fans deserve to enjoy a long playoff run. Good luck.

thatnks, i hope its a fun and long one *knocks on wood*

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting