Post-Playoff Syndrom - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Post-Playoff Syndrom

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:34 pm

I will always be a Seahawks fan before I'm a FF fan. I will always want my Hawks to win, even if I have players on the opposing team, or if the FF team I'm playing that week has Seahawks on it. Don't get me wrong, but I am a huge FF fan, I just won't let it get in the way of my true passion (watching my Hawks win a close game to the CARDNIALS :-o ).
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:24 pm

As much as I love FF, Ive always thought of it as a nuisance to real football. Fantasy football always makes me so conflicted. Like, I want so and so to do well, but I want the other team to win. How can you enjoy the game with that going on? Granted, it does make crappy games more entertaining, but it also lowers the entertainment of good games. I dont see how you cant be excited about football now the most leagues are done with. Its the playoffs dude! Crack a beer and enjoy!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:29 pm

Yea, thats why the playoffs are so good. No FF to think about, I think its dumb to not have a favorite team and just to cheer for players.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bgnh1 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:05 pm

I understand what you are saying; I always feel a letdown after the FF playoffs, win or lose. BUT, there is also a sense of relief, knowing I can watch some really great games over the next month or so and NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. The season is just long enough, and I still love watching the games.

Besides, ther's only about 250 days left to prepare for the next years' draft...
qb GREEN volek collins
rb CMART* PORTIS* ctaylor cbrown*
wr RMOSS* WAYNE BENNETT* boldin morton
te GATES* crumpler*
k LONGWELL wilkins*
d WASHINGTON baltimore*
(STARTERS/bench) 8-team leauge
*drafted
bgnh1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:12 am

I actually continue to root for my fantasy playoffs, if they're in the NFL playoffs.

The best thing about the Chargers making the playoffs is that Eli Manning forced them to trade him to the Giants, who suck.

I'm a long-time Steelers fan, so I know who I'm rooting for in the playoffs.

Also, they do have fantasy football playoff challenges out there for people to participate in.
BobbyRoberto
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting