I didn't go with my gut... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I didn't go with my gut...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I didn't go with my gut...

Postby merc » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:46 am

First, I can still win if Bulger and Akers can score 32 points tonight... but, if I went with my gut, I'd have already won. In spite of telling everyone week after week, post after post, that they should do their research but then follow their gut, I didn't follow my own advice.

My research and other's advice convinced me to leave 48 points on my bench. One of the moves, starting TB(-1) over NE(13), was made just before gametime and is probably the move which is gonna cost me the game. The other one which my gut said to make was to start J McCown(25) over Bulger. Finally, my brain won out when I played J Smith(0) over Galloway (10).

Anyway... it is probably time this season is over since my brain is fried and my gut is overextended. :-D
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:29 am

i did the same thing, putting kennison in instread of the 2 TD preformance by Clayton, overall just overanalyzing and thinking way tooo much

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby big d_ffc » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:00 am

I did the same thing in putting Kennison in over Clayton...I also had L. Evans on the bench. I still managed the victory even though I had F. Taylor starting.
big d_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mo_sker » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:41 pm

I made four changes - some multiple players - last week in the first round of the playoffs.

This week, submitted my lineup, and no changes - only because I was away from a computer.

Both weeks worked out OK for me - but second guessing yourself can be almost a narcotic.

Your advise to research then go with your gut is good advise. Maybe next year I'll use it.
mo_sker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: I didn't go with my gut...

Postby winjr » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:37 pm

merc wrote:Finally, my brain won out when I played J Smith(0) over Galloway (10).

I wouldn't beat myself up too much over this call ... it was a smart move to start Smith over Galloway. Smith has been having a great year, playing at home in a must-win game, against a midlin' secondary. I would have done the same.
winjr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:58 pm

nothing is worse than losing because you secong guessed yourself and pulled players....especially in the playoffs
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting