Thought Provoking Question of the Week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Thought Provoking Question of the Week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warpigs » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:29 am

deftdelivery wrote:But I'm not that guy. I think you should certainly tip 20% no matter what, UNLESS you absolutely hate the waiter/waitress. Otherwise, happy tippin ;-D

My question stands.. why should we certainly tip 20% no matter what? Shouldn't it be based on how well they do their work? Simply saying we should tip 20% no matter what is a little Communistic (I'm not saying you're a Communist there deft -- not in the least). Again, my only point in this is to get people to think outside of the box and question why they do the things they do.

BTW, it also is a little irritating that places such as pizza shops depend on our "generosity" to help pay their employees. Why should restaurants be allowed to pay servers/waitresses below minimum wage just because of potential tips? They'll still get the incentive of tips if they do a good job, why not treat them like other working-class people and pay at least minimum wage for their services? I thought the whole rationale behind a tip is a personal "thank you" for a job well done. When places start expecting a tip (like figuring it into my bill automatically), I think they're DEFINITELY stepping over the line. Places like Bonanza print out credit card receipts with the tip line right on it -- almost like saying that a tip is expected. I know it's also a service for those who don't carry cash (like me), however, you ever fill one of those out before you even get your meal with a waitress standing over you like a buzzard on roadkill? It's almost like they want to see what tip they'll get and then tailor the service to me accordingly. That's just ridiculous in my opinion. I should be able to make my tip decision after the meal so I can judge how well the server did and tip accordingly.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk