Andy Reid Stole my $725 by benching Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Andy Reid Stole my $725 by benching Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andy Reid Stole my $725 by benching Westbrook

Postby Shotgun StU » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:39 pm

I need to vent a little bit. I was the number one seed in one league and had an 11-2 regular seaon record. Than the injury bug hit and I lost P Holmes, C Brown, TO and was still able to keep it together. This week I faced a guy with a much better healthier squad and was only down 13.6 points going into what should have been a scorefest between the Rams and Eagles and I has the new focus of the Eagles offense Brian Westbrook on my side.

However in his infinite wisdom Andy decided not to risk his precious players and cost me a chance to repeat as champion in that league. Anyone else get screwed over by this piece of crap situation?

On a positive note I would like to thank all of you who gave me advice throughout the season. I did win my other league and still got the second place prize in this league. This site is the best place to come for info and advice and I hope it runs for many years to come.
"You Play To Win the Game!!"

http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/Images/Female_Celebrities/Jessica_Alba/images/jessica_alba_18.gif
Shotgun StU
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:56 pm

no. I sat westbrook for shaud williams. I figured this was coming
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:07 am

I had the opposite experience. I just won the championship because the guy I was going against had Westbrook in his lineup. I beat him by 3 points. I feel a little bad for winning this way, and other people in the league are bitching at me, saying my championship should come with an asterisk, but it's a win. He could have played Lee Suggs instead of Westbrook. He didn't have to take that risk.
BobbyRoberto
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ithreeputt » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:12 am

Situations like this are why I prefer leagues who's championship game is week 15. Not near as many players held out then. I was the beneficiary in one league tonight as McNabb only played a quarter. Of course, I had a 28 point lead and L.J. Smith so if McNabb had played I probably still would have won, but it would have made an utterly boring game at least watchable.
ithreeputt
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cyclone » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:51 am

Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby bgnh1 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:36 am

Bobby, don't let them get you down. You had the wisdom to know westbrook wasn't going to play, and that is something you don't have to apologize for... Screw the sore losers.

Shotgun, that sucks. It would be one thing if you started him for any other reason than you had to; but you HAD to with all of those other injuries, and after seeing TO go down, I really didn't think westbrook or McNabb were going to play more than a series. You can't blame that on Reid-- if he plays westbrook and he got hurt, what would the #1 headline be right now?

P.S. -- I almost started Levens over C-Mart, not that it would have mattered...
Last edited by bgnh1 on Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
qb GREEN volek collins
rb CMART* PORTIS* ctaylor cbrown*
wr RMOSS* WAYNE BENNETT* boldin morton
te GATES* crumpler*
k LONGWELL wilkins*
d WASHINGTON baltimore*
(STARTERS/bench) 8-team leauge
*drafted
bgnh1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Xtreme » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:03 am

I almost felt your pain.

I needed 22 points on Monday from Bulger, Holt, and Westbrook.

Westbrook sits, I think I'm sunk, mutter a few explitives. Luckily Bulger and Holt pull in 22.5 points, and I will the league by less than a point.

Why must Fantasy Football tease me so?
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mo_sker » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:35 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote: I feel a little bad for winning this way, and other people in the league are bitching at me, saying my championship should come with an asterisk

That's why you have to submit a lineup. If you pick the right players you get the best scores. What do they want - a league on autopilot? Just add up the highest X number of players' scores each week.

They should bitch at your opponent - not you.

I think it was Nietzsche that once said "The lineup that does not win for us kills us."
mo_sker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:46 pm

I'm sorry to hear after drafting such a good team that you lost, but you should have done your research and known Westbrook wasn't going to play much.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:46 pm

I have a friend who works for the government....
and it was reported to me that the guy who won your league placed three cellular phone calls to Andy Reid ....within the final hour before kickoff Monday night

I smell conspiracy !!!!
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting