So what SUNK your Championship? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

So what SUNK your Championship?

Moderator: Football Moderators

So what SUNK your Championship?

Postby Cyclone » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:46 am

Not sure if a thread already exists about this, but I need to vent. Went into tonight down by 23 in the championship. I had Westbrook and Bruce both going, my opponent had Akers. While I know it was risky playing Westy this week, never did I think he wouldnt even touch the ball. EVERYWHERE I read that he was going to get the start, and that he would probably be yanked by halftime.

Well, low and behold, he doesnt play even a down, and I figure that I have NO chance of winning what so ever. Then Bruce finds the endzone, and starts getting some looks. I was too nervous to watch so I waited until the game was over, and went to check stattracker. My score: 128, Opponet: 129. I honestly sat there and stared at it for about 10 mins. Needless to say that I now know what it would feel like to have an anvil drop on your balls. If only Westy would have taken ONE rush for 10 yds. I would have won (I had more overall points so I would win in the event of a tie). So, starting Westbrook SUNK my championship. I know this is long, but I just had to vent.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bgnh1 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:03 am

Dude, THAT is the heartbreaker of the year...

Who were your backups at RB? I figured westbrook and mcnabb might play a series, but I almost stated Levis over C-Mart, having planned on L getting more carries. ( I still would have gotten crushed, though...)

What sunk MY championship was Randy Moss, Drew Bennett, and Reggie Wayne combining for 117 yards and a touchdown. Maybe I am greedy, but I figured on a little bit more from those three...
Seeing as that averages out to 39 yards and 1/3rd of a touchdown per game for each of them. So, yeah, I guess you could say they under-performed.
qb GREEN volek collins
rb CMART* PORTIS* ctaylor cbrown*
wr RMOSS* WAYNE BENNETT* boldin morton
te GATES* crumpler*
k LONGWELL wilkins*
d WASHINGTON baltimore*
(STARTERS/bench) 8-team leauge
*drafted
bgnh1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Great Gambini » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:58 am

With 2 minutes left, I was up by 1...Holt was going for my opponent, I needed him to get less than 90yds (he had 75 at this point). It's 3rd ang long for the Rams, incomplete pass brings up 4th down and I know Holt won't get another touch...oh wait! Roughing the passer gives the Rams a first. On the next 3rd down, completed pass to Bruce he FUMBLES and HOLT recovers...game over, I lose because he gets two points for a fumble. I'm F'ing pissed off to the extreme, yelling at the TV and practically having a heart attack.

Apparently, Yahoo! didn't count Holt's fumble recovery, and I win!

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheBaker94 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:52 am

Yeah, offensive players don't get credit for fumble recoveries in Yahoo public leagues. Congrats!
TheBaker94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cyclone » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:36 pm

My only real options to put in instead of Westbrook was either Droughns or Bell. Yes, Droughns ended up with 30 points, but with the way Shanny is handling his RB's, it was simply to risky to start one of them. Plus, from what I heard if I should have started any of them, it would have beeb Bell due to their FB injury. Im sure alot of people also got burned on that.
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:26 pm

Down by 14 and I started westbrook. Tried to pick up dorsey levens but apparently you arent allowed to pick up players monday and start them that night. I was only third in the regular season though, so I was happy just to get second. (money league)
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Horizons » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:56 pm

I was locked up all day in a tight battle, feeling good, tied having Portis and McMichael left to play.......out pops the WW play of the week Mr. Evans....enough said. :~(
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting