A couple of Giants man up. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Giants

A couple of Giants man up.

Moderator: Football Moderators

A couple of Giants man up.

Postby CC » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:16 pm

PFT.com wrote:NOT ALL GIANTS CRY ABOUT COUGHLIN

With each passing week (and loss), more and more members of the New York Giants are crying about the conditions under first-year coach Tom Coughlin.

But we're learning that there are more than a few players who believe that the problem isn't Coughlin, but the guys in the locker room who simply want to piss and moan about anything/everything.

Per one player: "Most of us know that Coughlin wants to win as bad as we do. Some of the guys would complain if their mom was coaching . . . . They complained when [Jim] Fassel was here too, and he was easy to play for."

Said another: "Shut the f--k up and play. If you have a beef, go to the coach. If you're not man enough to tell him face to face then shut your f--king mouth. This is a business, not some day care center."

Yet another: "Get rid of the crybabies and let us who want to win play. We aren't going to agree with everything the coaches say or do, but they have actually been pretty good about things considering some of the dumb ass plays we make and penalties we take."

These remarks mirror the sentiments of owner Wellington Mara, who chastised the whiners on Monday. "I think if I was a player, who had been here for these two years, under completely different coaching staffs, I think the first place I would look would be to myself. What could I accomplish? What did I accomplish? What didn't I accomplish? And I might be just a little worried about my own job.

"I don't know who is complaining now, but if I was any player, complaining or not, I'd look at myself. The fact that we've had two bad seasons and two completely different coaching staffs, makes you wonder. It's making me wonder: What have I done that's wrong? You have to think about yourself."

I respect these Giants for not being crybabies and accepting some responsibility.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:01 am

Yep,no crying in football.

Unless,of course,you've just suffered a crushing defeat in the Championship game and you're teammate and friend have you all worked up with retirement talk before you're press conference.

I'm with ya bro...I'm with ya. :,-(
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New York Giants