Traxxas Revo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Traxxas Revo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Traxxas Revo

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:00 pm

I figured that title would get anybody's attention who might be into RC trucks, stadium trucks, cars, etc. Well is anybody? I was just curious. Thought I might be able to bounce some idea's off any of you in the offseason. I just recently started getting into RC trucks. Just got my first to be exact, and if it isn't obvious, it's a Traxxas Revo. I like it a lot, but just after break-in, winter slammed us here in N.Michigan and I'd really like to wait 'til summer. But, hey, let me know what you've guys got, and all your cool hop-ups and stories.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:17 am

I never really got into those things. They did seem really cool, but i never had the patience to build em. When i got any RC cars i would bash em and smash em till theyh didnt work

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby MadScott » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:35 pm

Hehe! A fellow RCer, excellent. I've mainly got micro RCs, most in the 1/43 scale but I'm soon to purchase one of the many in the exploding scale of 1/18th trucks. Right now I'm leaning towards an Associated RC18T. Earlier this year I purchased a 1/10 Matt Francis Edition stadium truck and love it! That thing is awesome. The Francis comes fully loaded so I really haven't touched it yet but have a Hitec 645 servo that I plan on putting on it shortly and perhaps a motor swap is in the works shortly.

Don't know how big you are into RC, but check out the link in my sig to a great RC site. They talk everything from 1:1 on down.

I've heard the Revo is awesome but I just can't get myself into the nitro thing.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:38 pm

NERD ALERT! ;-)
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:13 pm

Flockers wrote:NERD ALERT! ;-)

R/C Vehicles are anything but nerd, my man! In fact, it seems they're just about as far from nerd as it gets. :-)
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:40 pm

I dont even know what they are.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:42 pm

Flockers wrote:NERD ALERT! ;-)
Typical Seattle fan. ;-7
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LT Blue Colt » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:25 pm

I'm just getting started, but it's cool to hear there's someone around that might be able to give me some more advice than my local hobby store. And, man I'm bummed someone thinks we're nerds. I figured at 23 you grow out of being a nerd, and man the way these things are built. Wow! Complete 2-stroke combustable engines, 2 speed transmissions, completely adjustable suspension (caster, camber, toe, shocks, rocker arms, etc.), 4 wheel drive, adjustable gear ratios that can give ya 35-60 mph, and all the hop-ups you can find (skid plates, pipes, servo's, heads, etc.). It's great! RC-er's live on!!! And just to set the nerd factor straight, I collect Magic The Gathering cards too!!!
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LT Blue Colt » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:27 pm

I'm just learning the "quote" thing, so that was my own quote.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to General Talk