RAVENS OC - Matt Cavanaugh to be fired... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

RAVENS OC - Matt Cavanaugh to be fired...

Moderator: Football Moderators

RAVENS OC - Matt Cavanaugh to be fired...

Postby SheLovesFootball » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:46 pm

FINALLY!! Perhaps they can find a #1 WR and have a passing game...
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:07 am

Yea its the OC thats the problem, its not like they lack any sort of passing threat or anything, or that their star player spent multiple weeks in court and inactive.

Seriously, shouldnt they give this guy a chance with a decent O?
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SheLovesFootball » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:13 am

uhh.. he has had SIX freakin years!!! It isnt like he has done a poor job with this years group of players - it has been the bottom of the NFL for several years!!

....time for a change and he needs to go..

rumor has it that Vikings OC Scott Linehan and former Illinios head coach Ron Turner are candidates......
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:28 am

it's like firing willingham and whatnot... the raven O sucks like no other... if they don't give him good players, he can't do anything... they won't get scott unless they pay him big bucks... linehan has the reigns on a highly powered offense right now and that gets him respect... he is the only coach left to be signed for the vikes... it will be done unless there is major money... which the ravens probably won't spend... they will probably end up with turner.

but i'm sick of coaches being fired when they don't have the personnel to do well...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby SheLovesFootball » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:31 am

Treat... what do you think of M Rob as a WR?
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:37 am

never seen him healthy as a vike... burleson and campbell are way better... during camp i could see that mrob has some nice jumping and stuff but we really didn't utilize him... i would rather we didn't have him or his contract to tell you the truth... moss out wide, burleson slot, campbell opposite side out wide... that would be a nice set... mrob doesn't add anything to the vikes IMHO... why do you ask?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SheLovesFootball » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:43 am

Because if you recall.. Matt Cavanaugh had MROB alongside HEAP with Jamal Lewis and his incredible season last year... the offense still ranked as one of the lowest in the NFL..... MROB wasnt utilized ....

Again this year.....Not that Kevin Johnson is the best WR.. but this year he hasnt been used properly compared to his prior numbers... Travis Taylor has been a bust as a #1 draft pick and hasnt produced squat - yet it took them til last week to bench his sorry butt...

Do I think it is all Cavanaugh... no... but it is time for him to move on and allow another Coord to enter the scene and look to improve the Ravens awful offense!
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:50 am

i just want to say i know less than you about the ravens o... i think most non-ravens fans are in that boat... they've had numerous busts... i don't like MRob, which hurts your argument... i think he's one of our worst WR's. but Heap is incredible and boller is a bust (but has potential that is finally starting to show...) To me the ravens offense looks like next year (healthy heap, healthy jamal, boller getting it together... a couple offseason WR grabs) they could be pretty good... and whoever takes over at OC will look like the guy who buys microsoft shares the day it came out... it's a crappy offense that is about to put it together and Cavanaugh doesn't get to see his work accomplished... that's all i'm saying... like i said... you know the ravens... i know the vikes, i take pride in going to camp and reporting back to the people on here... i think i've helped a lot with vikings questions...

i now know where i can go with my ravens questions ;)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SheLovesFootball » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:58 am

Thanks Treat!

As a VIKINGS fan since the Fran Tarkington days.. I am pulling for them this weekend since "my" season looks BLEAK!! I have C-PEP, Moss and Burleson on my Fantasy team.. which WON going wire to wire! :)

Hopefully Duante is over the Flu!

I see what you mean about MROB... only reason I asked is because I thought he could produce and be a #1 WR here.. uugg... doesnt appear we can manage that.. but I do agree.. the new OC will look like the Messiah... perhaps Jim Fassel will take over!??! Wishful thinking!

good luck tomorrow.. I am pullin for the PURPLE! ;-)
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:21 pm

If the owners dont bring in enough guys to develop a relatively balanced offense, i dont think you can ever blame the OC. Boller/Wright/Redman wasnt enough last year, and i dont think Mrob or TT were legitimate starters either. Heap is an exception of course, but thats not enough to call a decent passing game. Thats my opinion.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting