RAVENS OC - Matt Cavanaugh to be fired... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

RAVENS OC - Matt Cavanaugh to be fired...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:42 pm

I can see fassel taking the offensive coordinators job. I mean, he took a job as a tutor to Kyle Boller. and remember last year when Fassel took over playcalling the giants went on a nice little win streak. Im not sure why you are ruling it out. Do you think Fassel will decline the offer, or the Ravens wont make an offer to him? Looks like a good fit to me.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SheLovesFootball » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:49 pm

portisfan24 wrote: Do you think Fassel will decline the offer, or the Ravens wont make an offer to him? Looks like a good fit to me.

Oh, I think it is a great idea... and would very much like to have him accept the offer if one is extended... Fassel has said he is out after this year.... He wants to be a HC.... I cant see him taking this??

I sure would like it.. or he can become the Ravens HC and Billick can move over to Cleve.... stranger things have happened! :-B
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:09 pm

I don't think that you can put the offense's lack of production solely at the feet of Cavanaugh. Let's look at what he has to work with, or rather, what he doesn't have to work with.

QB: A second year starter who had but a handful of starts coming into the season. His true ability to play the game at this level was/is still unknown coming into this season. Not a good situation.

RB: Jamal Lewis and his legal problems hanging over the team this season certainly didn't help matters at all. Couple them losing him for his 2 game suspension with an injury to Musa Smith and Jamal's own injuries that cost him time and your vaunted running game isn't so vaunted anymore.

WR: Well, let's just start here by saying that there plain and simply is very little talent here. The talented duo of Johnson and Taylor didn't seem to strike much fear in the hearts of the opposition. Hymes played well at times this year but was sporadic at best. Big need here for the future. (Didn't they draft Darling this year as well?)

TE: A killer as your most talented receiving threat was lost for the vast majority of the season with an injury. No one stepped up here either or the void between first and second string must have been huge.

OL: Dinged up to say the least. How many games did All World tackle Ogden miss this year? The anchor of your line is in and out of the lineup a bunch this year, it's hard to get any continuity for the offense.

I just went over some of the highlights of the year that seemed to impede the Ravens. That's an awful big list for a talented offensive team to overcome and I wouldn't exactly classify the Ravens as that. It would seem to me that Cavanaugh really tried to salvage the best he could out a shambles. Heck, he even made Boller look like a legit pro when he had that one 4 TD game.

I think the bigger problem for the Ravens has been holding onto a player like Travis Taylor whom they seem to prideful to cut. Cut bait and move onto some who can help your team.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SheLovesFootball » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:08 pm

MADSCOTT
I skimmed through your comments.. and I will repeat myself.. IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR 6 ENTIRE YEARS! Not one year.. not many of us are judging on this past year... the fans, FO and HC have been dealing with MC's ineptitude, poor schemes, and vanilla offense for S-I-X years!! and yes, it cant be JUST Matt Cavanaugh's fault... others are being credited with this like Ozzie Newsome for his picks.. like Brian Billick for being too loyal and not ridding the team of MC sooner.. the finger-pointing is going all directions.. who is ultimately accountable? All I can say is.. I am glad they are FINALLY starting somewhere.. I am only saddened that PITT didnt hire Matt before all this took place because I think he is a good person.. just not a good enough OC for the Ravens at this time....

All that time you took to type up your analysis is well known .. especially by Raven fans such as myself! As far as Travis .. he was BENCHED last week.. and I would venture to guess that as a FA he will be packaged up to go elsewhere..
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:30 pm

LOL, you should change your name to:

SheHatesMattCavanaugh
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SheLovesFootball » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:32 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:LOL, you should change your name to:

SheHatesMattCavanaugh

already taken... wouldnt cha know! :)
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:08 am

Is HeHatesMattMillen taken? :-b

What, it is???By Marty Mornhenweg?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting