Big Ten 1-0 Your Conference Favs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Big Ten 1-0 Your Conference Favs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Big Ten 1-0 Your Conference Favs?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:07 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:Mich will have to play the best game of the Year to beat Texas but it's possible.

Why? What has Vince Young ever done against a good team? It's like Chris Simms all over again. I mean, it seems like Texas hasn't beat a top 10 team in 50 years.
Nooo, you cursed us, you jerk! Vince Young tore them a new one :~( :~( ! I would appreciate if any other Michigan fans would bear my current Paperbag with me to show our support.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:11 pm

:-t

You think the Wolverines would have got the hint by the second or third touchdown that Vince Young was the Longhorns only player on offense. Get one or two linebackers to cover him, duh. Cedric Benson showed how overrated he is against a good defense. I bet his draft stock went down.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Big Ten 1-0 Your Conference Favs?

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:14 pm

34=Sweetness' Location wrote:Screw you SPC.

Why so harsh? :-b
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:57 pm

Nilmerf wrote::-t

You think the Wolverines would have got the hint by the second or third touchdown that Vince Young was the Longhorns only player on offense.

well him and the best running back in college football.. which brings me to yur next point..

Get one or two linebackers to cover him, duh. Cedric Benson showed how overrated he is against a good defense. I bet his draft stock went down

They had 2 linebackers in QB spy for alot of that game. And if they focused completely on young as your suggesting, Benson probably would have ripped them apart. Young was absolutely incredible today, but alot of that was because Michigan knew that they HAD to watch Benson.

I dont think his draft stock went down at all if NFl scouts were actually wacthing the game, becuase youd see he was met behind the line on basically every run play, and really each 2 yard gain he got was like 4 yards after first contact.

What a game.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:04 pm

Two great games in a row today. I was hoping Michigan could pull that game out but Vince Young was just amazing 8-o Benson didn't look great but as GLG pointed out he didn't really have a lot of room to run. Overall very nice game, hopefully the Orange Bowl will be as good of game as this was ;-D
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:11 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:They had 2 linebackers in QB spy for alot of that game. And if they focused completely on young as your suggesting, Benson probably would have ripped them apart. Young was absolutely incredible today, but alot of that was because Michigan knew that they HAD to watch Benson.

I dont think his draft stock went down at all if NFl scouts were actually wacthing the game, becuase youd see he was met behind the line on basically every run play, and really each 2 yard gain he got was like 4 yards after first contact.

Texas also knew they HAD to watch Braylon Edwards, and he still got 3 touchdown catches. Quality players play through focused defenses.

I don't even think Edwards was Michigan's best player out there.. that Steve Breaston was amazing.

But yeah.. as a lifelong Wolverine fan, two straight Rose Bowl losses hurts, but I'll still admit it was a good game.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:24 pm

Cant compare Wrs and RBs. WRs depend on good throws from the QB, Edwards got that. RBs depend on decent blocking from the O-line, Benson got nothing of the sort. Reminded me of Clinton Portis this year, you probably think he sucks, while ill say hes still one of the elite backs.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:08 pm

Even though I am a huge Michigan fan, I refuse to wear that bag. They played a solid game against one of the best teams in the country. I actually think next year the Maize and Blue will win the National Championship. Check out the offence.

QB: Henne (future stud)
RB: Hart (current stud)
WR: Breaston, Avant, Manningham
OL: Solid - Baas
TE: Massaquoi, Ecker

And they are solid on D. Burgess, Woodley, Watson, Mundy et al will be one of the best defences in the country next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:52 pm

I can't believe that Iowa pulled that game out against LSU. I mean, come on, how can you get beat deep on the LAST PLAY? and no safety deep? Also, there were about 3 LSU guys that got beat deep. I mean, really, that was more a bad play on LSU's part. Kudos to Iowa for not giving up, but still ...
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

@005 Natl Champ

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:22 pm

Sorry Cheesehead, gotta get by my Buckeyes before the natl title game.
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football