Is the Cafe the "Google Master?" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Is the Cafe the "Google Master?"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is the Cafe the "Google Master?"

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:53 pm

Just for the heck of it, I went on Google and just typed in "fantasy football." To my amazement, the Cafe was the first hit listed on the page! 8-o 8-o

I don't know if previous site usage has any bearing on the rankings of sites, but if it's not, that is huge, huge, huge for the Cafe. Being the first hit on the most used internet search engine will bring in tons of people next year. They'll click on our site first and possibly never bother looking for another site! :-]

Of course, then there are the people who are looking for places to play...they might skip us over, but the people looking for help in playing the game will come in droves!

Anyone have any insight on this?

(Oh, and the Baseball Cafe is also listed first when you type in "Fantasy Baseball" :-? )
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:59 pm

After reading Mercer's post I went to Google typed in "fantasy football" and hit "I'm feeling lucky." It brought me back to my homepage, the Cafe. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:21 pm

That's how I found the Cafe, by searching ''Fantasy Football''.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:31 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:That's how I found the Cafe, by searching ''Fantasy Football''.

Was it the first thing you saw on this list of sites? I guess it may not have been first on the list at the time you joined...

I am just wondering if the site is on the top is due to a browser's own personal Web history or if it's how it's always ranked. If it's the latter, that is just too cool! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:34 pm

I found the cafe on google also. It wasn't first then, but it was on the first page.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby South Park Cows » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:48 pm

Mercer Boy wrote: I am just wondering if the site is on the top is due to a browser's own personal Web history or if it's how it's always ranked. If it's the latter, that is just too cool! ;-D

I'm pretty sure it's by rank. I had originally the cafe by searching for "fantasy football forum". It wasn't the first back then but I'm pretty sure it was in the top 5.
Last edited by South Park Cows on Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:49 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:That's how I found the Cafe, by searching ''Fantasy Football''.

Was it the first thing you saw on this list of sites? I guess it may not have been first on the list at the time you joined...

I am just wondering if the site is on the top is due to a browser's own personal Web history or if it's how it's always ranked. If it's the latter, that is just too cool! ;-D

I believe that it was around 2 or 3. I don't think it was 1, but near the top, and that was back in August. So the Cafe is rising. ;-D ;-D ;-D
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:18 pm

I think I know why the Cafe wasn't number 1 when we join, it was because it was during the period where most fantasy drafts take place. What do people need for their draft, CHEAT SHEETS. The top positions were most likely held by websites with cheat sheets.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:52 pm

I found the cafe on google as well. I dont even think it was top 5 back then, but definately on the first page.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:36 pm

Great news to hear that the Cafe is tops on the Google list. Someone is doing their job for sure!

On a sidebar, I did a search for clowns, pistachio pudding and donkeys and came back with........ :-o
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk