Bargain Picks for 2005 FF Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bargain Picks for 2005 FF Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Just a note on Maurice Morris. Seattle doesn't think he is starter material so they will bring somebody in if/when Alexander leaves. I thought he looked all right though. Steve Smith and DeShaun Foster should come back big from injuries and Winslow at TE is almost obvious. Hass should bounce back and I also think Harrington could be large IF Rogers, Roy and KJ stay healthy. Barlow will bounce back if the Niners give him a chance. Suggs should break out.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sparkky » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:22 pm

I'd add L. Jordan but he may not be under too many radars of the "informed" owners.
sparkky
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby s0meguy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:08 am

I'm going to try to stock up on the number of young running backs that came out this year -

McGahee
Kevin Jones (next year will be better, I promise...)
Chris Brown
Julius Jones (Parcells will turn that team around)
Portis (see JJ - Gibbs)
Deshaun Foster (injury will make people forget about him)
Stephen Jackson (He's a stud, I don't care if he plays for Martz - he also catches passes)
Thomas Jones (Grossman at QB helps his value)
Tatum Bell (until I see someone else lining up behing Plummer in a game, I'm assuming Bell is the man regardless of what Shanahan says)
McAllister and Ahman should be good value picks as well

Steve Smith is going to be a stud next year - look what Mush, a less talented reciever did in his position
Andre Johnson
Chad Johnson (Palmer doesnt? suck)
Santana Moss

PS: Drew Bennett is overrated
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Atog » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:32 am

Warrick Dunn-
I honestly don't know where he's going in the offseason, or if he's even going anywhere, but i really like this guy. Even with Duckett and Vick getting lots of rushing attention, Dunn managed a few big games. I consider him a great number two RB that you could pick up as late as 3rd round.

Lion's Defense-
With a starting LB out for the season, Detroit still managed to have a great run D, holding the likes of Ahman Green, Tiki Barber, and the entire Falcons rushing game (who led the league in yards rushed per game) under 100 yards. Their defensive backs could use some work, but they still have a Pro-Bowl Corner (nevermind that he barely deserves it) . Two of the Lion's front four had excellent years, and with the Lion's 10th overall pick most likely going to a lineman, they'll probably turn out to be one of the NFC's better defenses. And in leagues where kick return stats are applied to defenses, the Lions have pro-bowl kick returner Drummond.
Unfortunetly, it's an absolute given that the Lions will figure out some way to self-destruct this season, so it'll be a good idea to have a backup in mind.

Bargins...
QB-
Bulger-Throwing to two of the better recievers in the NFL, pads his numbers with rushing...but will get picked up reasonably early
Green-Will probably be forgotten in the rush to pick up Manning, McNabb, etc.
Plummer-Quietly had a great year.

RB-
Dunn-(see above)
T. Jones-Looks to improve in a revitalized offense.
Chris Brown-If he stays healthy

WR-
Driver-Even if Favre isn't throwing to him, Driver will be able to produce.
Burleson-Especially if Moss won't be returning to the Vikes.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:42 am

Azrael wrote:Um, I think my point was McGahee does have a pretty tough division against the run. How many RBs have 2 teams they play against in their division within the top 7 against the run?

Actually it looks like it has changed now, NYJ are 5th, Pats are 6th. Buffalo is 7th against the run. So this is hands down the toughest division against the run. SD and Denver are 3rd and 4th against the run. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are 1st and 8th. These are the only other 2 divisions that come close.

I got your point. That was my point the whole time. McGahee is in the toughest division against the run. I think we were on the same page the whole time, but just didn't understand each other.

This is why I can't understand people saying that you shouldn't take Julius Jones because of his division. McGahee will have to play N.E., NYJ, and Miami all twice next year.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk