Next year's Kevan Barlow - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Next year's Kevan Barlow

Moderator: Football Moderators

Next year's Kevan Barlow

Postby gatorman1122 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:50 pm

Alright, here's my hypothesis on which "stud" RB will become next year's Kevan Barlow. I believe that it will be Julius Jones. (On a side note, I am a fan and FF owner of JJ.) Just look at the good games that JJ has had this year-against Chicago (bad run D), NO (awful D), and Seattle (very bad run D) (6 TDs total). His numbers were average against Washington and Philly (0 TDs total). Without a solid QB next year, JJ's value will take a hit as defenses will constantly stack the box with 8 (or 9) guys, which NO did successfully, limiting him to less than 100 yds and 1 td.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:14 pm

I say a prayer to the fantasy Gods every night that some how the Seahawks will find a way to resign Alexander....

....considering that there are a variety of "black hole" offensive lines he could disappear into next year
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby Azrael » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:28 pm

J. Jones is probably a late 2nd rounder, early 3rd rounder next year. I'm not sure if he's worth that but that's where he'll probably be taken by someone. Sometimes a huge 3 or 4 games for someone bumps up their perceived value alot especially when it happens late in the year. Sure they were able to give Jones the ball 30 times for 3 or 4 games but I don't think anyone can sustain that pounding all year long. Also consider that he was fresh after being off 2 1/2 months while the defenses were not only bad but tired too.

I can't see him being a Barlow bust, who was probably no later than a mid 2nd round pick this year, but he still might let down.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Great Gambini » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:46 pm

Droughns/Bell possibly, as well as LJ possibly

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:50 pm

i htnk that LJ is the one that could do it. He has no shown that he can preform over a whole year. JJ has shown he can preform ok, but its just a gut feeling

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:00 pm

First of all, Travis Henry had a much worse turn out than Barlow, so all you Barlow owners...STOP COMPLAINING!

Secondly, the man most likely to plummet of the radar is Peyton Manning. Far too many owners are going to look at the possibility for 50 TDs and take him way earlier than they should.

If you are looking purely at RB, look for Tiki Barber to be rated too highly come the 2005 off/pre season.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:03 pm

Yes very true Henry has been a bigger disapointment then Barlow. I also think it will be Tiki Barber he hasnt been the same Tiki since Eli has ran the O
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:23 pm

ljthockey wrote:Yes very true Henry has been a bigger disapointment then Barlow. I also think it will be Tiki Barber he hasnt been the same Tiki since Eli has ran the O

Precisly why Tiki won't be the same Tiki next year when Eli is QB. Also, look for workhorse Ron Dayne to play a more prominent role in Coughlin's "work your ass off" gameplay.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:35 pm

Anyone else think Barlow will pick up? Cut the guy some slack... SF had ONE good offensive lineman, and they gave him to Oakland. Blame Denny Erickson (WORST NFL COACH) for Barlow's mishaps. If SF gets some semblance of a decent offensive line next year, look for Barlow to step it up.

As for JJ, his left side line is still good enough to have solid numbers, so I wouldn't cry for him yet. He's still a solid #2 next season.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:43 pm

I think Tiki and Julius Jones are both good choices. Peyton isn't necessarily going to be a "Barlow/Henry", but he'll be more of an Ahman Green next year. Taken in the top 3 or 4 overall, and puts up his career average numbers-wise instead of continuing what he started the year before. I expect Manning to not get much more than 30 TD's next season.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk