Next year's Kevan Barlow - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Next year's Kevan Barlow

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:24 am

Thrown Ahman Green in this list conditionally. Even though he had a horrible year and in this case might not be applicable to bust status, he'll more than likely go in Round one than not.

Favre can retire. He'll still get his share of the carries. What's scary is that their offensive line has issues. Both Rivera and Wahle are up for FA. Not to mention more blockers with Franks and Davenport.

That might get real ugly.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:27 am

awwchrist wrote:Thrown Ahman Green in this list conditionally. Even though he had a horrible year and in this case might not be applicable to bust status, he'll more than likely go in Round one than not.

Favre can retire. He'll still get his share of the carries. What's scary is that their offensive line has issues. Both Rivera and Wahle are up for FA. Not to mention more blockers with Franks and Davenport.

That might get real ugly.

I thought about Green, too. Seems that Pack is in a state of decline and they have a history of RBs who have a great seasons then disappear. Terdell(?) Middletom, Dorsey Levens, John Brockington? I think there may be a few more. I have a bud who a an ardent cheesehead and he is always drawing comparisons between these old RBs and current Packers. Drives me nutz.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:29 am

Since no one has said him yet, I am going to say Martin. He had a huge year last year, and struggled the few before it.

I think he will be drafted higher than he should based on the numbers he put up this year, and fact that Jordan may go elsewhere.

I could see him only coming up with about 600 fewer yds, and fewer TDs too. Definitely less than what would be expected of him with the pick he will be selected with.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:41 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:
First of all, Travis Henry had a much worse turn out than Barlow, so all you Barlow owners...STOP COMPLAINING!

Well, some could argue that Barlow had higher expectations than Henry. Barlow didn't have anyone to compete with at RB (come on, Maurice Hicks???). On the other hand, Henry is being backed up by a younger, stronger backup RB. If Henry had the starting job for an entire year, he would have posted better numbers than Barlow IMO.

having had both Henry and Barlow, I think I am fairly unbiased to help decide this. Henry may have been the bigger bust, but when he went down, he went down fast. No one played Henry after the first few weeks- injury and losing his job made him an easy no-start. On the other hand, Barlow kept hanging around, and people kept hoping he would put up decent numbers, especially against bad teams. So while Henry may have been a bigger bust, Barlow was more damaging to more fantasy teams, making this the "Barlow Award", not the "Henry Award"
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk