Onterrio Odd Man Out In MN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Odd Man Out In MN

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:05 pm

Wow, this is really something I would have never expected. (for those of you at home that haven't been reading my posts the past few days, that's sarcasm) Well, just as I've predicted for the past week or so, another depressing thing to cap off an even more depressing season as a Vikings fan. Knowing that we'll be back next year with no starter at RB and a coach and owner who don't care about the team and have no skill at managing it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:18 pm

M_Zimm wrote:(for those of you at home that haven't been reading my posts the past few days, that's sarcasm)


I think your avatar gives that away! What totally blows about that article is that there will be a RBBC in Minnesota as long as Tice is the ring leader in the Metrodome circus. Stupid economics, the second best thing that could happen to the Queens is if they could get rid of Moss. Now before you have a coronary, Zimm, hear me out.
Tice and the Queens are trying to run the O through Moss despite having the deepest set of RBs in the world, including Canada. The reason is that Candy is getting paid, and damn it Red isn't going to pay him just to give the ball to the RB! And his cheap sideshow puppet sure isn't going to argue.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:44 pm

moochman wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:(for those of you at home that haven't been reading my posts the past few days, that's sarcasm)


I think your avatar gives that away! What totally blows about that article is that there will be a RBBC in Minnesota as long as Tice is the ring leader in the Metrodome circus. Stupid economics, the second best thing that could happen to the Queens is if they could get rid of Moss. Now before you have a coronary, Zimm, hear me out.
Tice and the Queens are trying to run the O through Moss despite having the deepest set of RBs in the world, including Canada. The reason is that Candy is getting paid, and damn it Red isn't going to pay him just to give the ball to the RB! And his cheap sideshow puppet sure isn't going to argue.
To be honest, it could be smart to trade Moss, but not for that reason. Actually, I think it's the opposite. Moss is the biggest red-zone threat in the NFL. I'll take him over any defensive back one-on-one in the league. The Vikes don't throw to him as much as they should though. The game against the Skins, we had a great redzone opportunity and not one pass was thrown Randy's way when he was single-teamed by Sean Taylor. Sean's great, but a safety can't jump with Moss, he showed that earlier in the game. The guy can easily change the pace of a game, and the outcome but we don't use him as much as we need to. Especially lately Daunte hasn't been looking Moss' way at all. The entire first half of the Skins game, Moss maybe got thrown to 3 times. I think Nate's got great potential, but you gotta give Moss the chance to run under a ball and take over the game.
As far as your argument and rushing, it's tough to run the ball too much when you're constantly down a ton and you don't have confidence your D will be able to make any stops. The Vikes have a higher ypc avg than any team in the NFL other than Atlanta, who has a 5.1 avg. There's no way that happens if Moss isn't on the team, he forces teams to play back and keep the backs honest. Without Moss teams could put 8 guys in the box and stuff the run, no matter what back is in. As a comparison, the Eagles avg 23 attempts per game, us 24, and Indy 26. Those are the lowest of the playoff teams. Considering that we average more than Philly and just a few less than Indy, running doesn't necessarilly translate into wins, considering we're 8-8 and they're 12-4 and 13-3.

Bottom line is that defense wins championships, but offense puts people in seats. Red just wants money, so Moss ain't goin anywhere and our D isn't either. Us Vikes fans are just gonna have to accept that fact that as long as Red is the owner and Tice is the coach, we're going to be a mediocre at best team.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:54 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
moochman wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:(for those of you at home that haven't been reading my posts the past few days, that's sarcasm)


I think your avatar gives that away! What totally blows about that article is that there will be a RBBC in Minnesota as long as Tice is the ring leader in the Metrodome circus. Stupid economics, the second best thing that could happen to the Queens is if they could get rid of Moss. Now before you have a coronary, Zimm, hear me out.
Tice and the Queens are trying to run the O through Moss despite having the deepest set of RBs in the world, including Canada. The reason is that Candy is getting paid, and damn it Red isn't going to pay him just to give the ball to the RB! And his cheap sideshow puppet sure isn't going to argue.
To be honest, it could be smart to trade Moss, but not for that reason. Actually, I think it's the opposite. Moss is the biggest red-zone threat in the NFL. I'll take him over any defensive back one-on-one in the league. The Vikes don't throw to him as much as they should though. The game against the Skins, we had a great redzone opportunity and not one pass was thrown Randy's way when he was single-teamed by Sean Taylor. Sean's great, but a safety can't jump with Moss, he showed that earlier in the game. The guy can easily change the pace of a game, and the outcome but we don't use him as much as we need to. Especially lately Daunte hasn't been looking Moss' way at all. The entire first half of the Skins game, Moss maybe got thrown to 3 times. I think Nate's got great potential, but you gotta give Moss the chance to run under a ball and take over the game.
As far as your argument and rushing, it's tough to run the ball too much when you're constantly down a ton and you don't have confidence your D will be able to make any stops. The Vikes have a higher ypc avg than any team in the NFL other than Atlanta, who has a 5.1 avg. There's no way that happens if Moss isn't on the team, he forces teams to play back and keep the backs honest. Without Moss teams could put 8 guys in the box and stuff the run, no matter what back is in. As a comparison, the Eagles avg 23 attempts per game, us 24, and Indy 26. Those are the lowest of the playoff teams. Considering that we average more than Philly and just a few less than Indy, running doesn't necessarilly translate into wins, considering we're 8-8 and they're 12-4 and 13-3.

Bottom line is that defense wins championships, but offense puts people in seats. Red just wants money, so Moss ain't goin anywhere and our D isn't either. Us Vikes fans are just gonna have to accept that fact that as long as Red is the owner and Tice is the coach, we're going to be a mediocre at best team.


When moss was injured, I think culpepper gained a lot of confidence in burleson. He realized that if he took his time he could find a guy open almost all the time. He doesnt throw it to moss in double coverage anymore, even tho moss could catch it anyway. He makes the smarter move of waiting a little bit for someone to get free then throws a strike.

Moss is a dominant force, dont get me wrong. He is just double covered most of the time.. and as I said before, even though he could catch it, Daunte makes a smarter throw. Thats why moss is so dangerous in the redzone. Defenses like to play a lot of zone in the redzone, so he can easily find a soft spot and the ball is there in a heartbeat. Or if the defense plays man, its hard to double cover in the nedzone, so its an easy moss TD.

Moss wont get a lot of catches, ut he will always get tons of TDs.
Image

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 982
Joined: 11 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:57 pm

zimm we love you, dont do anything silly now ;-)
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1148
Joined: 7 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:34 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact