Forget the Pac-2, maybe we should call it the Pac-1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Forget the Pac-2, maybe we should call it the Pac-1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Forget the Pac-2, maybe we should call it the Pac-1

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:57 pm

2:10 left, Texas Tech leads Cal 45-24.

"Cal got screwed"

"I can't believe Cal didn't get a BCS bowl"

"Cal is so underrated"

"East Coast bias"
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:11 am

I was against Cal getting a BCS bid, so I was one of the few that was glad to see them get left out. This game just proves that they really aren't worthy of their rank and all the complaints about being left out of the BCS.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:49 am

Wow, this is something I was never expecting. They should just make the Pac-10 into a mid-major conference and move USC out.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:52 pm

When they were ranked ahead of Wisconsin in the BCS back when Wisconsin was 9-0 I thought them being ahead of us was bogus. At first after Wisconsin dropped out of the BCS hunt I thought Cal was actually deserving of a BCS bid, but after watching the So. Miss and Holiday Bowl, they got what they deserved.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:53 pm

And another reason that I forgot, the only team they lost to in the Pac-10 was USC. They only good team in the Pac-10 was also USC.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:13 pm

I don't think that this ruins Cal's argument at all. Bowl selections are to be made based on what you did in the season. I don't think it's fair to say the BCS got it right just because Cal lost this game. What if T. Tech was just a team that gave them problems? If Auburn loses are we gonna say the BCS got it right? What if USC or Oklahoma wins in a blowout? Does that mean one of them didn't belong there. The bottom line is that Cal did everything in there power to get to a BCS game (except beat the #1 team in the country) and they got snubbed. I don't feel bad for them because someone always gets snubbed in the crappy BCS. I just think they still have a valid argument as to why they should be there. Maybe they would have beat Michigan, maybe not. We'll never know, but losing to T. Tech doesn't mean that the BCS got it right. Michigan lost to ND and almost lost to San Diego State, but they're still smelling roses!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tim_ffc » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:38 pm

I went to the game last night :).

Give it up to Texas Tech, you have to love a good upset. Too much attention on Cal blowing it and not enough on TT's great game.

The refs were terrible, anyone know what conference they were from?
QB- T. Brady
WR- A. Lelie, C. Johnson, M. Muhammad
RB- LT, C. Dillon
TE- A. Gates
K- S. Graham
DEF- Pittsburgh

[b]League Champion![/b] (10 team)
Tim_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:31 am

I watched that game and I couldn't believe how unprepared Cal was. Their secondary didn't even bother to show up. I can understand them being bummed at losing the BCS bid to the begger in Texas, but you still have a game to play.
One other thing, did Arrington look like a future NFL stud out there? I thought if they would have given him the ball 2 of 3 times he could have went for 300 yds.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:13 am

Let's put it this way...

Cal lost to Tech 45-24
Texas beat Tech, what, 51-21

If that doesn't justify the fact that Texas should be and is in a BCS bowl over Cal, I don't know what would.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:43 am

South Park Cows wrote:Let's put it this way...

Cal lost to Tech 45-24
Texas beat Tech, what, 51-21

If that doesn't justify the fact that Texas should be and is in a BCS bowl over Cal, I don't know what would.

Numbers, numbers, numb.
What was the score when the mighty Longhorns played those juggarnaughts Arkansas and Mizzu? Eeking out wins against weak opponants doesn't exactly impress.
Blow outs in bowl games are the most over-rated stats to use because of the amount of rest between games and the fact that both teams are pretty good just to be there. Early momentum, or comming out flat, can be harder to overcome because of the layoff. Players just aren't as sharp and are less likely to recover from the early flow of a game.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to College Football