Season Ending Heartbreaks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Season Ending Heartbreaks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby yoda83 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:53 pm

wow, know, that had to suck. if i remember correctly, at that juncture, you were probably getting the better of that trade. reason #1552 why fantasy football can be so damn agonizing!
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

4 championship games....4 gutwrenching losses.

Postby 1blue_eye » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:42 pm

I play in 3 leagues. Last year I was in all 3 championship games. One league I dominated with the following lineup:
QB Bledsoe-got shutout by Packers D
RB Priest Holmes-out with hip injury, started Fred Taylor instead
RB Marshall Faulk-injured but played scoring little
RB Clinton Portis-played well
WR Terrell Owens-played limited due to groin injury
WR Koren Robinson

How I ended up with all those studs on draft day is beyond me, but I didn't lose a single regular season game, and lost the championship game by 1 point. At 1 point per 10 yds, Holmes would have put me over the top easily.

League 2, I have Amani Toomer going ape aginst the Colts, but lose with Bledsoe getting shutout and my opponent has Green Bay Defense who pitches a shutout and scores 2 TD's (10pts for the shutout plus the TD's) and I lose by 1 point. Thanks Drew.

League 3: Keyshawn Johnson scores a garbage TD in the final minute against the Steelers and I lose by 1 point. The Steelers had their second string in. TD came with like 12 seconds left.

And finally last year, Sebastian Janikowski misses 3 FG's in a league where we lost 1 pt. per missed FG which means a 4 pt swing...instead of getting 3, I lose 1pt, and I lose the championship game by 2 pts. One made FG and I win.
1blue_eye

Friendliness: %

Postby The Guru » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:22 pm

Well this was a heartbreak for the other guy and not me.

Last year in the championship game my oppenent had Duece McCallister and Joe Horn going against the Bengals. I figured I was screwed and really had no chance to win.

But, to my surprise Horn had an below average game, and duece did nothing. The Bengals won 2 games last year, that game was one of them. I love them Bengals.

Needless to say, I won the championship ;-D
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yoda83 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:40 pm

i got a heartbreak-in-my-favor:

week 4, i'm starting driver and my opponent is starting favre. driver catches 2 tds that day, one from favre and one from franks! and i ended winning in a tie-breaker.

my opponent---we'll call him "jack"---ended up coming in second in his division. by one game. to me.

*btw, "jack" is his real name and i'm sure he's still salty about that one. sorry, Jack!
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Garibaldi » Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:37 pm

I have the ultimate heartbreaking/backbreaking debolacle of ALL TIME...luckily, this was my opponent, not me.

In week 1 of the regular season, thru sunday night, my opponent had me outscored by 1 pt, and had Jerome Bettis left to play. Come Monday night, Bettis didn't do jack squat. He gets the ball on one possession and FUMBLES IT. So I'm thinking, holy crap I have the lead now! (our league negates 2 pts for TO's!)...Bettis then left the game I believe to injury and I ended up winning by 1 pt!!! :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

It was the sweetest fan football moment ever for me
Garibaldi

Friendliness: %

Postby CC » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:52 am

I'm down 63 points in week 4 on Monday with only the MNF game left. MY opponent has no one left to play and i figure i've already lost. I have Favre, Longwell, Driver, Franks and Nate Wayne. The Pack destroy the Bears and all of those player play well, I end up winning by one point.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk