Who would you NEVER draft again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who would you NEVER draft again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who would you NEVER draft again?

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:31 am

For the second year in a row i have drafted Deuce Mcallister, and for the second year in a row i have been disappointed. Not saying he didnt have good years last and for a portion of this year, i have been waiting for that breakout year he is capable of. I will never draft him again as long as Haslett is the head coach of the Aints. The dude has so much potential and the Aints game plan makes me sick. Just a rant from a frustrated owner. Anyone you would add to the list???

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:47 am

I thought Deuce was pretty darned good last year. Didn't he have 1600+ yds rushing and at least 10 TDs and 50 catches? I'd draft him in a heartbeat.

One guy I would never draft unless it was past round ten is Charles Rogers. The guy can't seem to stay healthy for more than one game, then he's out all year. He keeps it up one more year and no one will wind up drafting him; he'll be out of the league.

Vick falls in this category. I might take him as a backup QB, but not as my #1, at least until he shows something for more than one year.

As far as players I'VE drafted that came up empty, I would say Amani Toomer.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Koren Robinson, head case extrordinaire - I drafted him a couple of years ago . Also David Terrell, same category - thought I was clever picking him up this year after that early big game. I was not. There will be some experts touting them as sleepers next year, don't believe them.

And, although I know he has been beat into the ground already, Kevan Barlow.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ZeroGravitas » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:47 pm

My recieving corps on draft day: Peerless Price, Charles Rogers, and Steve Smith.

I can handle guys getting injured, maybe bump them back a few rounds next year, but I won't be touching Price no matter how late in the draft he's available.
ZeroGravitas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Leading the cheerleaders out onto the field to spell "SNOIL".

Postby Atog » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:56 pm

i'd like to never draft Andre Johnson again, but Carr is so up-and-down that you never know if he's going to explode or not.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GreenBay4Life » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:08 pm

q-tip drafted him in the 3rd rd thinking he was going to explode on the scene guess he imploded. shannhan is a pain in the butt to figuare out who he likes.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:50 pm

I have learned to never say "I wont draft this guy again" Case in point, last year I had tiki barber. He made me want to strangle myself every week. So this year rolls around and I had a shot at getting Tiki very late, and I didnt. I have since learned that football players do not react to spite from us fantasy players. They dont really care if we dont like them. So that being said, everyone is draftable in the right position.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:53 pm

GreenBay4Life wrote:q-tip drafted him in the 3rd rd thinking he was going to explode on the scene guess he imploded.

Who-tip?

Portisfan is right though. For as much as I'll never draft him again, let Dainty Stallworth drop to the last round and I'm all over it. Same with K-Bobblesome and Ginger Rogers. Don't think I could get that drunk, that quick to ever draft Peerless Price. Besides he won't be eligible. He'll be in jail for unarmed robbery, because there is no way he could've gotten and money for what he has done.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby matmat » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:42 am

a lot of saints around...

Aaron Brooks.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:48 am

it would be hard to draft stokely again..not that he is a bad reciever, but i pulled my hair out this year trying to guess which games he would explode in or get next to nothing :-° ...most the time i guessed wrong obviously
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk