Who would you NEVER draft again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who would you NEVER draft again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:23 pm

Azrael wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:Jeremy Shockey... I always draft him as the last tier 1 TE and he never perfroms.

I'm actually hoping this is what most people think. I agree that he had a down year but he actually performed pretty well as far as TEs go. He was 5th in scoring in my league for TEs. He was fairly consistent as far as fantasy scoring goes, having atleast 6 points or more in 9 games (1pt per 10yards rec, 6pts TDs). We complained about his TDs before. Well, he's improved on those and I think both those and his yardage will get better as Eli becomes more accustomed to running the offense next year.

If you can't get Gates or Gonzo in the late 2nd or early 3rd (and perhaps you don't want to pay that price for them). Shockey will be a very good alternative for the price, probably a 5th, maybe 6th rounder.

I agree. Shockey seems to be the ideal goalline target for NYG. Put him in single coverage and this guy will dominate virtually any cover guy in the league. If Eli gets his momentum going and Shockey stays healthy, I can forsee a season in which Shockey posts his great TE yardage numbers in addition to double digit TDs.. Could be putting up Tony Gonzalez-esque 700-1000/7-10 for a few rounds cheaper in 2005.

------

Back on topic: a guy to avoid in all future drafts: JOEY GALLOWAY. I didn't listen to the voice in the back of my head screaming AVOID THIS GUY in 2004 and I ended up with him in a couple leagues. Same old Joey.....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lushcrush » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:46 pm

Hmmm ... I would have to say Aaron Brooks. I can't take the turmoil and feast-famine any more. Never Again ... I don't care if I have to take a Ratbird QB ... or Feeley ... Quincy Carter even looks good to me if that was my only other choice.
:-t
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mad_llama » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:54 pm

Chad Pennington, unless the Jets get a stud receiver.
mad_llama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:22 pm

I think it could be bad to say there is someone and absolutely refuse to take them. At the time of the selection it could become either a great value pick, or a nice sleeper, or whatever....I think Portis mentioned that earlier if I am not mistaken...

But here is my list of people I would definitely not be drafting at there approximate places just for fear of repeating the past:

Stallworth
Brooks
Barlow
Rogers
Price
Taylor
Faulk

Again, any of these could be good picks, just depending on how low you got them...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk