Things to know before you draft Braylan Edwards! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Things to know before you draft Braylan Edwards!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Things to know before you draft Braylan Edwards!

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:04 am

He has a tendency to disappear at any moment. Even in the game today, where he is heavily involved and putting up great numbers. There were too many routes cut short or not run out at speed. Plus the occasional K-Rob..er..I mean drop is a part of his arsenal.
The most glaring example of him dogging it out there was on one play where the ball was thrown inside when he was on a line of scrimmage sideline route. He reaches, the ball hits both hands at waist level but he drops it because he saw the corner getting ready to hit him and Bray doesn't like to be hit. The most glaring play was in the 4th when he did a great fake on his man, had a clear 2 steps on him before he was even at speed. He almost stops to look at the QB, starts to run again. Still wide open, and slows again!! QB throws a bomb to him which ends up looking like he overthrew it. Truth is it was a perfect pass. The safety was toward the middle of the field as was Edwards. But not even close to him. So the ball was thrown where he could catch it, but not the safety, to the outside corner. But Edwards wasn't running his route at speed and couldn't get there.
I know I am wrong, but he could be the next david Terrell. Another gifted WR from Michigan.
And he cost U of M the friggin game! that also not a first.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:40 pm

Mooch, I tend to agree with you on most of your points on Braylon. I would like to see how Braylon fares with a Qb that can get him the ball and has game awareness. Not saying that Henne will not be good but he is a freshman and looked confused at times when teams threw him some different defensive looks. As for Navarre, i could fill up this page with all i thought about him and nothing would be good. If Edwards concentrates on his game this offseason and improves on his route running and speed i think that he could be a very good pro reciever. He does have good hands and excellent concentration on the ball. Very good read though kudos Mooch.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:58 pm

I really like Edwards, but taking him as a FF WR next year would be a very questionable decision. I think it will take him 3 years to become a stud ala Javon Walker.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:26 pm

So what you are saying is that he is using the best traits of Randy Moss and Koren Robinson to work on his game?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ForeverBlue » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:43 pm

He's no AC!
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Evolution » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:49 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I really like Edwards, but taking him as a FF WR next year would be a very questionable decision. I think it will take him 3 years to become a stud ala Javon Walker.

I tend to agree with this statement. He is more of a project WR with big-time potential rather than an instant producer.
Last edited by Evolution on Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:51 pm

I agree with CC...he'll follow the same trend as many other receivers, breaking out in his third year.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:47 pm

Edwards is a great WR, but he has produced a lot on weaker teams or teams that have shotty secondaries. Not bashing Texas, as much as teams like Michigan State. He had a guy on him 7 inches shorter (5'8" vs. 6'3"). He better dominate guys like that...He had a lot of good games, but there are flaws in his game. I do agree with the consensus so far that he hates getting hit and you can catch him sleeping on some plays.

He still should be one of the first WR's selected though.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:26 am

One more negative of Braylon is something that will endear him the this forum's readers is that he has the annoying habit of dropping passes.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Ditka in '04 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:28 am

Can you say, "David Terrell"
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk