i still think tice should be fired post - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

i still think tice should be fired post

Moderator: Football Moderators

i still think tice should be fired post

Postby treat24 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:10 pm

but he won't cuz red would hafta pay tice a million and hire a coach for a couple more million... it's so tough being a vikes fan... i'd rather be a chicago cubs(baseball) fan... at least they win a big game every 100 years or so
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:14 pm

I think thats poor decision making. A coach better than Tice would easily be worth the extra bucks.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby treat24 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:14 pm

yep, couldn't agree more... but red is cheap and wants to sell the team... man i wish i had about 300 million bucks right now... ;)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:23 pm

Okay, I hate the way things are going in my coveted Purple Nation, but IT MAKES SENSE. The re-signing of Tice means two things for Vikings fans.

1) Red McCombs is NOT getting what he wants. If McCombs was going to be the owner of the Vikings for a prolonged amount of time, he would not have signed Mike Tice. The best way to increase revenue is to win a Super Bowl. McCombs is trying to set up everything for when a new owner takes over.

2) Both Mike Tice and Red McCombs will not be returning after the 2005 season, pending no Super Bowl victory. McCombs is obviously keeping his expenses low to intrigue new buyers. By prolonging Tice's contract, McCombs entices potential owners to look into buying the franchise because he will have the flexibility to hire any coach(es) he wants. If Linehan does not resign with the Vikings, look for McCombs to upgrade a "lower" coach to a one-year deal in an attempt keep costs down and give the new owner that flexibility again.

So, let's look on the bright side. Yes, Tice will eb back for a 4th season, but all signs point to it being 4 and out for him and owner McCombs.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:24 pm

we can only hope

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby treat24 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:26 pm

i pray you are right...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:48 pm

all politics aside, when tice decided to punt with 8:53 left, red shoulda fired him on the spot... does tice seriously have faith in the vikes D? and if he does... isn't that grounds for being fired?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting