Draft Order Determined! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft Order Determined!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:58 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
Evolution wrote:I imagine Chicago will take Mike Williams with #4.

Probably the only time in my life I hope they trade down, but I am truly starting to agree with Canadian_Cheesehead that Braylon Edwards will be better than Mike Williams.

Mike Williams was arguably the third best WR in the 2004 draft if he was included (behind Fitz and Roy). Before the draft, the 2004 class was toted as being especially strong at the WR position, with 5 WRs being taken in the first 15 picks... pretty crazy.

If you look at the end results of how unusually well the 2004 the top rookie WRs have produced, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Mike Williams could be an impact 2005 rookie:

Larry Fitzgerald 58/780/8 ;-D

Roy Williams 54/817/8 ;-D

Mike Williams ????

Reggie Williams 27/268/1 :-t

Lee Evans 48/843/9 ;-D

Michael Clayton 80/1193/7 ;-D
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:28 pm

TB and TEN drafting 5th and 6th just doesn't seem right.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:27 pm

I will not go as far as to say that Mike Williams will not be good, I just love Braylon Edwards' Randy Moss-like ability to go and get balls. All WRs should be able to catch a pass thrown to him, but it's the one's that catch misthrown or lob balls that really stand out. Anyone who has watched Michigan games this year has continuously seen Edwards make plays. Not just catch balls, but make plays. That's huge and a big reason I give a little edge to Edwards.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:35 pm

roninmedia wrote:Ooh...5th pick.

I hope the Bucs can trade down for more draft picks so they can build a better O-line. I also wouldn't mind getting a Auburn back in the draft.

Dream situation: Get LJ + draft picks from KC for the #5 pick.

I dont see KC trading LJ anymore. Blaylock was on contract this year and Priest isnt getting any younger. On the other hand we desperatly need a top 5 defensive rookie hopefully Antrell Rolle like said before.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:22 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:I will not go as far as to say that Mike Williams will not be good, I just love Braylon Edwards' Randy Moss-like ability to go and get balls. All WRs should be able to catch a pass thrown to him, but it's the one's that catch misthrown or lob balls that really stand out. Anyone who has watched Michigan games this year has continuously seen Edwards make plays. Not just catch balls, but make plays. That's huge and a big reason I give a little edge to Edwards.

Go back and watch some Williams highlights. This guy makes plays and makes them often. At 6'5 and 230 he is a dream red zone receiver. In terms of who puts up better numbers we will have to see what teams they end up on. I know TB was high on Mike ;-D but so was Washington :-t

Edwards seems to get the dropsys every now and again but he is a great receiver. Chicago may still feal the sting of Terrell and stay away from all things wolverine :-b

And thanks for posting this bag. I was looking all over the place for it last night.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:32 pm

I'll be making a mock soon, love this time of year.

On Williams vs. Edwards I think Williams warrants the higher draft pick, but that Edwards is a better value at the 10 spot than Williams is at the 5.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:28 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:I will not go as far as to say that Mike Williams will not be good, I just love Braylon Edwards' Randy Moss-like ability to go and get balls. All WRs should be able to catch a pass thrown to him, but it's the one's that catch misthrown or lob balls that really stand out. Anyone who has watched Michigan games this year has continuously seen Edwards make plays. Not just catch balls, but make plays. That's huge and a big reason I give a little edge to Edwards.

I'm surprised to see you wanting another Michigan wide receiver after the way David Terrell really panned out. In all seriousness, I think Braylon may also end up being better than Mike. Mike's kind of like a slightly faster Keyshawn Johnson, but he doesn't have the change of direction or after burners that Braylon has.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Evolution » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:54 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
Evolution wrote:I imagine Chicago will take Mike Williams with #4.

Probably the only time in my life I hope they trade down, but I am truly starting to agree with Canadian_Cheesehead that Braylon Edwards will be better than Mike Williams.

Before you go running off, just remember what happened the last time that organization took a certain highly-touted Michigan wideout, hehehe....

Ok, I dont buy into that historical crap, but I do believe Braylon has the potential to be a great pick 3 or 4 years down the road if an organization can put him in the right developmental position (not the starting lineup right away) and can be patient with his development.

At this point, I'd have to say the better fit for Chicago is Mike Williams. They need a guy who can step in right away and make plays for them, and Mike is this guy.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk