uggh, i wanted to add a few players in my keeper league..but - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

uggh, i wanted to add a few players in my keeper league..but

Moderator: Football Moderators

uggh, i wanted to add a few players in my keeper league..but

Postby proKrastinate » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:06 pm

I wanted to add a few players in my keeper league this morning, but yahoo already stopped the adding / dropping of players. There are a few FA's in my league that could have significant impact come next year. I am recording everyone's roster for the league on our website so that we can keep track of everyone's choice of keepers come next season. We don't have to turn in our keepers list until August 1 of next year, so thats plenty of time to let some of the could-be situations develop.

Would you allow additions of players after yahoo has stopped this process? Our league doesn't use yahoo except for rosters and scoring. We make our own schedules (both season and playoffs) so its not like this is just a strictly yahoo based league.

I am 1/3 commishioner of this league, so it might seem funny if I just started adding players to my roster on the website's list, and it doesn't show up on yahoo. So my only idea right now would be that I email everyone in the league, and give them 1 - 4 weeks to send me an email about any changes they would like to make before we close the FA pool off for good. Any duplicate player requests will be done by lottery, and any players that are not requested more than once will be put on the team in place of whichever player they listed as dropping in their email to me.

If you guys were in my league, would you consider this ok, or would you rather just cut the FA pool off right now as yahoo has it?

If guys from my league read this ... please respond :)
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thelongestyard » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:46 pm

Are you really asking what I think you are asking?????? 8-o

No. This is a keeper league. Make your waiver moves during the season. If you didn't make the playoffs, or were knocked out early on, then your waiver moves SHOULD be over. If your playoffs are completed, the season is over. NO waiver moves should be made by anyone. Feel free to trade as you wish to improve next years keepers.

It just doesn't make sense otherwise. You aren't keeping anyone from your team, just players you happened to pick up after the fact. :-t
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cooner » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:34 pm

if your team is that bad that you'd rather have a bunch of waiver wires as keepers, than so be it in my opinion. In the keeper league I'm in, we have an email list, and waiver pickups/drops are maintained first come first served (a lottery would probably be fairer, but this is easier). We allow both trades and waiver wire work in the offseason at any time (though we of course have a trade deadline in season- that no-trade time ends after the championship game). However, newly drafted players are NOT on the waiver wire of course- they must be drafted in the new season's draft.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:11 am

i finished 4th in the league, 2nd in the regular season, so my team isn't that bad. however, there are some players that I could take a chance on now that the season is over. Players that could really make an impact depending on how the offseason goes. I meant to pick them up prior to yahoo closing the pickups, but I guess I didn't do it in time (monday).

one owner has already said he would have to vote no, and thats probably the way we'll go, but I just wanted to get as much input as possible. we probably wouldn't have an entire offseason of pickups. just that 4 weeks or so.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:19 am

As soon as the championship game is over, there should be no more waiver moves, simply b/c the season is OVER.

Like was said before, those guys were never on your team and therefore should not allowed to be kept.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:10 pm

I, like a couple other owners, went and picked up most of the players that would have any value for next year during the last week or so. I picked up Foster and Jordan (2 guys that could be starters next year) and some other guy went nuts. He picked up any RB with a pulse for next year. But it could work out for the best. But back to your question, I don't think ww moves should be allowed after the season. Trading of players and picks during the offseason is tough enough to oversee.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Arlo » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:47 am

I agree; unless your league decides otherwise in advance (and specifies exactly when and how it can be done), the end of the season should mark an end to pickups. It'll save you a lot of headaches... :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:07 pm

ive asked 2 of the other 11 owners, and both said that they would go with whatever the league decided, but would vote no. i won't even bring it up to anyone else.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk